Is my psu the cause?

Wehoopha

Each time I am running a game at 4k for about 20-30 minutes at full gpu utilization, it will crash and will bsod. Not always, as sometimes it will crash to the desktop but recently it has been crashing my pc and displays the bsod. 

Games that it has crashed on (PUBG, The Witcher 3, and Valley each at 4k) No other applications

My rig:

Ryzen 1700 (stock frequencies)

16gb 2666 LPX Vengeance (running at 2666)

EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 (running the aggressive bios, stays at 70-75C under full load)/ was running gtx 1060 6gb a month ago and experienced crashing during 2k gaming(no bsod). 

EVGA 650W GQ (has a slight buzz, not sure if I should be concerned)

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard (uses Realtek audio drivers)

Kernel power 41 (task 63)

have mostly had no error code, but on occasion I have had 59 

This has happened 16 times in total, each time while playing a demanding game at 4k.

I have run a memory check, did a disk check and repair, did a full ddu of my gpu drivers, I have reinstalled all other drivers except motherboard drivers/bios. 

I think this problem is psu related. However, It seems strange as my max usage is only at about 550 watts

I could really use some experienced advice. I do not know what is causing this as all temps are well withing reason. The only thing I can think of is my psu is not strong enough, but my build does not pull that much power and have not had a problem while benchmarking with the cpu and gpu overclocked. It only happens when I am gaming at 4k for 20-30 minutes then it promptly crashes or bsod's. 

Thanks in advance. 

It could also be the applications cause you said it only happens to those 3 and no other applications   

if it was the psu it would be happening on all applications plus your max wattage ain't even close to the max

It seems to be any application that is demanding on the cpu and gpu for an extended period of time. 

Any suggestions on where I should look for a solution?

Thanks for the reply

The PSU should be more than enough. I checked my system with a i7 and a 1080 ti and my maximum wattage consumed is around 400 when benchmarking. So would think that it is not a psu problem. Could be that something is overheating for example in the motherboard and it causes the crash. Would suggest that you monitor the system via msi afterburner to see gpu and cpu utilisation and other things that could happen and corsair link to see what temps you are getting on mobo and other parts. It's a long shot but could happen. Another thing you could do is to try differend drivers for the gpu. You also should update your bios since ryzen had ram issues befor and it could simply be that you have a older bios that could have that problem

I will have to check out the motherboard temps and monitor everything closer. Thank you for your suggestion. Also my bios is up to date.