Arduino not showing up on mac

kittycannon

For some reason, the arduino uno board I have plugged into my mac won't show up in ports. I have tried both usb ports but have had no success. The program works fine on my PC however and I am able to upload programs to it. My mac isn't able to upload to the board. I am using the desktop arduino software.

Suggestions? 

If it's a clone theres sometimes issues with uploading, I've had a similar issue with a cheap 3d printer control board which used an arduino mega board. 

Just hit the reset button on the board just before the upload on the sketch is done. There also could be issues with drivers but I'm not sure as I haven't used my mac with an arduino. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1 hour ago, werto165 said:

If it's a clone theres sometimes issues with uploading, I've had a similar issue with a cheap 3d printer control board which used an arduino mega board. 

Just hit the reset button on the board just before the upload on the sketch is done. There also could be issues with drivers but I'm not sure as I haven't used my mac with an arduino. 

Probably a driver issue imo 

ASU

16 hours ago, werto165 said:

I tried that but It just showed error messages.

16 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Probably a driver issue imo 

What drivers do I need?

Just now, kittycannon said:

What drivers do I need?

eek, I haven't messed with mac in years despite what my name suggests. Poke around arduino.cc troubleshooting, see if you can find anything.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

eek, I haven't messed with mac in years despite what my name suggests. Poke around arduino.cc troubleshooting, see if you can find anything.

Will do.

14 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Found the driver at https://github.com/adrianmihalko/ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver

Selected the specific port and it worked.

Thanks for all the help!