Electrician Guidance

Auleo

Long story short

these two wires are supposed to touch and the buzzer buzzes, which it does, but its not really connected

is there a thing that I can do to have them activate together safely like an actual buzzer button?

a wiki link or something of a how to guide, plus things I might need will be great.

the buzzer/button doesn't have to be small and I would prefer a big red buzzer, maybe with some words or typography on it

thanks much

Electrical Hazard.jpg

You literally can attach any switch at all to that. Whether that means a push button, or a toggle switch, or a light switch, or an actual door bell - your choice.

And to wire it up, unless you buy something fancier, it'll just be a matter of connecting one wire the positive lead and the other wire to the negative lead. In this case, polarity (Which wire is hooked up to positive vs negative on the switch) shouldn't matter - since it's a simple open/close switch that's needed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Auleo said:

is there a thing that I can do to have them activate together safely like an actual buzzer button?

...Yes... You could buy a thing like an actual buzzer button that would act like an actual buzzer button. o.O

two things.

First if you are going to tape electrical wires you should use electrical tape on all of the exposed bits.

second those appear to be copper ground wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Push-Button-Buzzer/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3APush Button Buzzer

here's another:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Quiz-Show-Buzzer-System-using-Staples-Easy-Button/

Personally I would just pick one up at a local hardware or electronics store.

There are literally thousands of different buttons to choose from. Some are for doorbells, some for triggering a relay to unlock a door, some for emergency notification, etc. You didn't state what you are using it for.

I don't think those are bare copper. It looks like they just have clear insulation. It looks like the cable insulation is shoved inside the wall. You should use electrical tape as @Thunderpup stated, or wire nuts to cover the bare leads though even if it's low voltage.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

You should be able to find a momentary switch in several styles 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

just go buy a button for your buzzer. you'll be buzzing like nobodies ever buzzed before

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.