Electrician Guidance

Auleo

Long story short

these two wires are supposed to touch and the buzzer buzzes, which it does, but its not really connected

is there a thing that I can do to have them activate together safely like an actual buzzer button?

a wiki link or something of a how to guide, plus things I might need will be great.

the buzzer/button doesn't have to be small and I would prefer a big red buzzer, maybe with some words or typography on it

thanks much

Electrical Hazard.jpg

Just go on ebay and look up big red button? It would probably have screw terminal even. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Just go on ebay and look up big red button? It would probably have screw terminal even. 

elaborate, please

1 minute ago, Auleo said:

elaborate, please

I'm not quite sure how. Just go on the website eBay.com, search up a button you like. Buy one and wait for it to ship to you. Now this button is likely to have terminals that you don't need to solder onto and instead uses screws to hold the wires in place, so just place one of the wires in one of them and the other in the other terminal. Now mount the button on the wooden board you taped the wires onto if that's where you want it and you are done

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The Fleet List

Spoiler

Galactica - Main PC - Intel 5960X, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, Corsair AX1200i, EVGA Titan X, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850Pro 2TB..Triple Monitors and Watercooled in a Corsair 750D Running Windows 10
Destiny - HTCP - Intel i5 6400, 16GB Corsair Vengence LXP, Corsair SF450 PSU, Asus Strix H720I Gaming MOBO, Corsair MP500 240GB SSD in a Node 202 running Ubuntu Server for PLEX and other home theatre tools.

UNSC Forward Unto Dawn - iPad Pro 12inch

USS Daedalus - 2015 Mac Book Air

Colonial Viper - Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Resurrection Hub - Synology DS1818+ with 5 WD Red 4TB Drives

Works in Progress... Threadripper ... Ryzen 5 ... Radio Station Servers