Help finalizing build

I already made a post similar to this way back, but I just wanna extra sure before I pull the trigger

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVjbM8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVjbM8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.64 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+ Video Card 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $833.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-16 00:39 EDT-0400

Should the build be ok? any feedback would help a lot!

I'm still considering the ryzen 7 1700 for adobe after effects and 3dsMax

I'll get any gpu with a decent price around 300-400 bucks, so it's either the RX 580, RX Vega or the GTX 1070

No price on GPU and 580 has shit price, 1070 would perform better. No need of 750w PSU. Board has no XF/SLI support anyway

Looks alright. 750W is way more than you need.

Since the RX 580's price is probably going to be heavily inflated due to the miners, I'd look at getting a GTX 1070.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

6 minutes ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

I already made a post similar to this way back, but I just wanna extra sure before I pull the trigger

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVjbM8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NVjbM8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.64 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+ Video Card 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $833.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-16 00:39 EDT-0400

Should the build be ok? any feedback would help a lot!

I'm still considering the ryzen 7 1700 for adobe after effects and 3dsMax

I'll get any gpu with a decent price around 300-400 bucks, so it's either the RX 580, RX Vega or the GTX 1070

DO NOT GET THAT KIT. there's a cl15 and cl14 version of it get that not the cl16. cl16 might work but the others WILL

and you don't need the 750W you can take less even with r7 OC (which i would recomend for 3ds)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No price on GPU and 580 has shit price, 1070 would perform better. No need of 750w PSU. Board has no XF/SLI support anyway

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Looks alright. 750W is way more than you need.

Since the RX 580's price is probably going to be heavily inflated due to the miners, I'd look at getting a GTX 1070.

I was actually getting a 650W psu, but with Vega's power consumption being quite high as I heard recently, I just gone with the highest wattage I can buy to remove any headaches in the future if I were to go with Vega ( sorry, I'm pretty ignorant about PSUs )

so should a 650W be fine? I thought an additional headroom in the psu could help alot

10 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

DO NOT GET THAT KIT. there's a cl15 and cl14 version of it get that not the cl16. cl16 might work but the others WILL

and you don't need the 750W you can take less even with r7 OC (which i would recomend for 3ds)

I can't find any kits around here besides the cl16 and it is in the motherboard's Memory QVL, does the cl14/cl15 kits yield any difference?

Just now, RelyBedGrammer said:

I can't find any kits around here besides the cl16 and it is in the motherboard's Memory QVL, does the cl14/cl15 kits yield any difference?

it will work at JEDEC standard but the XMP is likely to not work as intended. lower CL don't have that problem.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

Just now, RelyBedGrammer said:

I was actually getting a 650W psu, but with Vega's power consumption being quite high as I heard recently, I just gone with the highest wattage I can buy to remove any headaches in the future if I were to go with Vega ( sorry, I'm pretty ignorant about PSUs )

so should a 650W be fine? I thought an additional headroom in the psu could help alot

650W is more than fine.

As of now, considering RX Vega's performance (and the fact that pricing is all over the place currently), I would be leaning more towards the GTX 1070 unless you have a FreeSync monitor.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

650W is more than fine.

As of now, considering RX Vega's performance (and the fact that pricing is all over the place currently), I would be leaning more towards the GTX 1070 unless you have a FreeSync monitor.

yup I do have a freesync monitor, but the power consumption holding me back, oh and also price

I'm really struggling with these picks, I was originally only intending on getting a RX 580 since I was only plannning on gaming at 1080p

8 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

it will work at JEDEC standard but the XMP is likely to not work as intended. lower CL don't have that problem.

uhh, sorry for this, but what is JEDEC and XMP? 

1 hour ago, Leshya said:

Budget? I went with the prices of your build + $300 for now, let me know if you need it cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.65 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($126.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($99.84 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($469.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: BitFenix - Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 550W 80+ Gold Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1211.22

I can't find the Pro4 anywhere here,

also, if I paired a ryzen 1700 with an ab350 fatal1ty motherboard, would it cause any trouble?

2 hours ago, Leshya said:

No but do you need those threads and cores?

I've been asking myself that question all day, the only reason I can find to justify getting an 8 core is its slight edge in after effects and blender while also "future-proofing" my pc as more applications and games utilizes more cores in the future.

Other than that, I don't see how losing some cores would affect me in the future

Also, is it safe to get a 650W psu for vega 56?

On 2017-08-16 at 1:19 AM, RelyBedGrammer said:

uhh, sorry for this, but what is JEDEC and XMP? 

oh sorry jedec is the standard speed for the chips for all silicon. basically the default that defines DDR4 (and it's predecessors)

while XMP is a preinstalled overclocking profile that RAM is sold with. this is the number that is used in advertising.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

On 8/18/2017 at 3:12 AM, SquintyG33Rs said:

oh sorry jedec is the standard speed for the chips for all silicon. basically the default that defines DDR4 (and it's predecessors)

while XMP is a preinstalled overclocking profile that RAM is sold with. this is the number that is used in advertising.

I see, is that why Asrock tested the motherboard tested the RAM and got a speed of 2993Mhz instead of 3200Mhz?

is it possible that this will increase in the future with a cl 16 variant as more updates come from amd?

13 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

I see, is that why Asrock tested the motherboard tested the RAM and got a speed of 2993Mhz instead of 3200Mhz?

is it possible that this will increase in the future with a cl 16 variant as more updates come from amd?

oh that speed is a ryzen issue because the ram clock has to be in sync with the infinity fabric, or rather they run at the same speed and the infinity fabric isn't as flexible clock wise as ram can be. so you can't do 3200 but it doesn't mean it can't go higher. it's just that number that's invalid. some overclockers have gotten further.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

20 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

oh that speed is a ryzen issue because the ram clock has to be in sync with the infinity fabric, or rather they run at the same speed and the infinity fabric isn't as flexible clock wise as ram can be. so you can't do 3200 but it doesn't mean it can't go higher. it's just that number that's invalid. some overclockers have gotten further.

how did they achieved 3200Mhz? or is there some kind of silicon lottery in ram speeds too?

5 hours ago, RelyBedGrammer said:

how did they achieved 3200Mhz? or is there some kind of silicon lottery in ram speeds too?

well just like with CPU you can alter the base clock but ram is much more complicated to overclock so i wouldn't recommend it to somebody new to this. you're more likely to hit higher speeds with some defaults than you are to correctly modify them to get you RAM's rated 3200

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)