Wireless monitor/display set up

Hello All,

I am currently looking into building a Windows computer and I would like to know if there's a way to wireless setup a monitor to the tower.

I would like to take the monitor with me to other places and work it either wireless keyboard and/or wireless mouse, not be stuck with the tower.

I would like to know if there are ways to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for all inputs.

I doubt you'll find anything that has decent latency and can maintain quality at 60hz assuming you are gaming on a 60hz screen. The best solution I can think of would be a somewhat long HDMI/DP/whatever you use cable.

if you're thinking across a few rooms you should try using microsoft's wireless display adapter

I do plan on gaming a bit in the new build, but it'll be mostly video/audio editing and rendering.

I would say the max would be 30 feet away from the tower.

Doesn't the microsoft adapter need two screens for it to work?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like, in the end, you want to have the power of a desktop for rendering/editing, but would like to be able to move freely around the house/office?

There's no real way to do this wirelessly. Even over a local gigabit network, video playback and editing are going to be laggy, at best. 

Your best bet? Build a nice tower, and get a laptop for when you want to move around. It doesn't have to be anything serious (see Macbook).

When you're done with your projects and ready to make that final render pull it off your notebook and let your tower go to town.

To that end, Gigabyte make some pretty slim units, or you can go with the classic XPS 15.