Alphacool Announces The Eisbaer 420, World's Biggest AIO Solution

4960X

2.jpg

Alphacool today introduced the Eisbaer 420mm, the largest and most powerful AIO water cooler in the world. It comes with a 420mm pure copper radiator and three 140mm Eiswind fans. The cooling performance of the Eisbaer 420mm is enough to add more than one graphics card to the loop, or any other components that will be cooled with water.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2017/alphacool-launches-the-eisbaer-the-worlds-biggest-aio-liquid-cooler/

Maybe AMD should have used this to cool vega. :)

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Why bother going overkill and use that for tubbing?

yeah it looks out of place.

Too bad the block design, pump and tubing won't make full use of the radiator :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

2 minutes ago, Lays said:

Too bad the block design, pump and tubing won't make full use of the radiator :/

What do you mean by that? The pump on the Alphacool unit is quite good and each gpu you add to the loop has its own pump built into the block afaik

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

12 minutes ago, Damascus said:

What do you mean by that? The pump on the Alphacool unit is quite good and each gpu you add to the loop has its own pump built into the block afaik

There's a reason AIO's are cheap, corners are cut where they can be. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Meh. If you need to start to plan out buying special cases to fit your AIO, it's time to consider a custom loop. Maybe that's just me but when it comes to looks it would fill up more cases more nicely to have dual 240s and a reservoir somewhere.

Although this is expandable so maybe that's the idea: buy this now, expand into a custom loop later.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Thin, yes. But it is copper core. Doesn't need to be as thick as aluminum. 

7 minutes ago, Lays said:

These aio's aren't cheap.  The pump is sold stand alone for 60 bucks, the qdcs are great and the tubing looks doopy bit performs well.  Full copper 420mm

radiator as well, tell me what corners were cut here.

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

These aio's aren't cheap.  The pump is sold stand alone for 60 bucks, the qdcs are great and the tubing looks doopy bit performs well.  Full copper 420mm

radiator as well, tell me what corners were cut here.

Tubing makes it look incredibly cheap though: The EK AIO actually looked marginally better. At this price points it's not too much to expect better looks honestly, even marginally so.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Does rgb water count? :P

not if you cant see through the tubes.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The tubing is something one could ignore/sleeve if you really wanted to, but damn, those quick connects are atrocious. 

Maybe if this had full cover for TR4 I could see it as a "Put this ugly but extremely funcional shit away inside a closed black box beneath the desk" and just let it crunch stuff.

Well I guess I'll walk back some of my criticism then: it does has it's use cases.

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 minutes ago, Lays said:

Eg. My Seidon 120V rev 1 having the pump seize and the refill port on the block leak than fail due to the built up pressure (still don't know why my computer is functioning after that).

BTW cheap waterblock+pump combos suck.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

18 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Eg. My Seidon 120V rev 1 having the pump seize and the refill port on the block leak than fail due to the built up pressure (still don't know why my computer is functioning after that).

BTW cheap waterblock+pump combos suck.

The pump res here retails for 60 bucks, not exactly a D5 but still not cheap.

44 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Tubing makes it look incredibly cheap though: The EK AIO actually looked marginally better. At this price points it's not too much to expect better looks honestly, even marginally so.

The tubing on my cheap AIO looks a hell of a lot more premium.

HS00AFD_166038_800x800.jpg

47 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

The tubing on my cheap AIO looks a hell of a lot more premium.

HS00AFD_166038_800x800.jpg

Except when everyone else uses the same sleeve tubing.

And I don't mind the look of the Eisbaer, it has a serious industrial aesthetic, I'd actually have that tubing instead. Currently have a H110i GTX at the moment.

It's like when every mouse today "needs" to have sleeved cable, but good old rubber cable is better.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Maybe if this had full cover for TR4 I could see it as a "Put this ugly but extremely funcional shit away inside a closed black box beneath the desk" and just let it crunch stuff.

Well I guess I'll walk back some of my criticism then: it does has it's use cases.

Nah your original point makes way more sense, if you're going past dual rad you might as well go custom. Custom loops really aren't that hard or that much more expensive if you don't go with a large res and a D5 pump. Triple rad really does limit your mounting options.

AIOs don't have a place for me. 120mm ones get out preformed by air coolers, several 240mm ones too, and when you get to the price of an AIO that dosent get out preformed you might as well do a custom loop and have it look nicer

*edit*

No wait 120mm AIOs can make sense on GPUs in some cases

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

How many cases can fit a 420 rad? For cases that can fit, usually it won't be small nor cheap. Why not just go custom loop if that's the case?

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

Tubing is too narrow and pump headpressure too low to actually make proper use of the radiators capacity. Look at the 295x2 and Fury X. Both run on a 120mm thick rad. Both have 2x pumps in order to ensure enough headpressure to force the water at a faster rate through the radiator. 

Ordinary AIOs rely on a slight vacuum and gravity on the inlet side of the pump to drag the water through the loop. The pump on most AIOs isn't much stronger than it has to be to push the water upwards and halfway through the radiator. This is part of the reason why manufacturers strongly recommend you mount the radiator above the pump. Because as the water slowly evaporate out of the unit, the build-up of air pockets can affect the vacuum on the pump inlet and drastically reduce efficiency and headpressure, reducing flow rate and performance. 

By using smaller tubing you impose further restrictions on the flow, making the pump work harder to maintain optimal flow. 

There is a reason why most custom loops have thicker tubing.