Silent Case + Radiator + 5.25 Drive? Recommendations Needed

My new 4k Ryzen build is mostly complete, but I need a new case and a better CPU cooler to top it off.  Right now I've got it all stuffed into an old Thermaltake Tsunami case, but it's not designed to be quiet, or fit long cards like my 1070.  

The build so far:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cx8Pr7

(Yes, those prices are real.  Clearance rack, yo)

The guidelines I'd like to stick to are:

1. Quiet as possible

2. Room for large radiators and 5.25" drives

3. Kid friendly / rugged - not top heavy

4. Plain/classic styling - could be mistaken for a office PC. (Like a Define R5)

5. $200 or less

Things I don't care about:

1. RGB

2. Windows

I'm looking into AIO coolers as a result of the "kid friendly" requirement, as I'd like to overclock this 1600 further.  I would get a giant Noctua / BeQuiet! cooler, but a kid knocking over a case might crack the MB or the CPU.  I did look at the Thermaltake Core X5 (http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002806), but wasn't sure how noisy it might be.

I think you pretty much said it; a Define R5 would fit the bill.  I have a thick 240 rad in the front and a slim 240 up top with the 5.25" drive bays, 3x 3.5" drive bay rack, and a full custom loop.  You do lose a bit of sound dampening if you put a rad up top though.  You can fit a 280 in the front with the ODD cages in too.

http://support.fractal-design.com/support/solutions/articles/4000038004-define-r5-water-cooling-radiator-options

http://support.fractal-design.com/support/solutions/articles/4000037485-define-r5-radiator-compatibility-chart

define R5 seems a good fit, and with that seasonic prime 750w titanium in the bottom that case will weigh more than a kid pulling on it to make it fall over xD

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

define R5 seems a good fit, and with that seasonic prime 750w titanium in the bottom that case will weigh more than a kid pulling on it to make it fall over xD

Actually it would give it a lower center of gravity, which would make it easier to push from the top.  The resulting thud would be less drastic than a top mount though, there the higher center of gravity gives it more potential energy. 

9 hours ago, Kainhander said:

Actually it would give it a lower center of gravity, which would make it easier to push from the top.  The resulting thud would be less drastic than a top mount though, there the higher center of gravity gives it more potential energy. 

last time i checked, lower center of gravity makes things more stabile.

i have a system with a seasonic prime in the top, that thing cant wait to fall over :P

23 hours ago, manikyath said:

last time i checked, lower center of gravity makes things more stabile.

i have a system with a seasonic prime in the top, that thing cant wait to fall over :P

Take a sledgehammer, set it on it's head with the handle up, then push from the top of the handle. Very little force is required to move it, but it will still fall over with a pithy thud.

If you balance it on the handle with the head up it's harder to initially move it, but when it falls it's a case crushing thud.  Either way this is why I can't have nicer things xD.

12 hours ago, Kainhander said:

Take a sledgehammer, set it on it's head with the handle up, then push from the top of the handle. Very little force is required to move it, but it will still fall over with a pithy thud.

If you balance it on the handle with the head up it's harder to initially move it, but when it falls it's a case crushing thud.  Either way this is why I can't have nicer things xD.

except a sledgehammer isnt the right comparison to make.

the form keeps the same, the surface area contacting the ground remains the same, but the center of mass changes.

and with that, the tipping point is where the center of mass goes outside the surface area contacting the ground.

when giving your pc an accidential thud, top heavy ones will take less angle to reach the tipping point than bottom heavy ones. the difference in force isnt quite applicable to the force a kid can provide if their goal is to make it fall over, but what *does* change is that the system is more stabile if the kid decides to bounce it back and forth like those bouncy things at the playground.

Definitely R5 or anything Be Quiet! makes

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

• 2 months later...

On a gamble I ended up going with the Meshify C, but was able to get it to be extremly quiet. Thank you again for all your help and recommendations! It got me 80% of the way there.