Externally powered usb hub killed computer?

Hello so I actually already made a post about what happened to my pc so im sorry for having to make another one but i remebered something. So basically i have this cheap 4 usb port hub that cane be powered externally. I have had this usb hub for months now but i never had an appropriate power plug to have it powered not up until last month when i came across a spare  one. So i immediate plugged the plug in to the socket turned on my pc plugged in my yet unpowered hub and then it happened.

As soon as i plugged in the power cable into the hub the pc shut off and wouldnt turn on again so i thought of the cmos and decided to reset it and then it turned on for a few seconds and turned off again so when that didnt work i tried fully replacing it and the same thing happened when even that didnt work i suspected my brand new power supply so i tried another one to no avail. This got me really worried i replaced the thermal paste on my cpu replaced the ram but still nothing works. I am afraid this might have fried something on my motherboard but i needed to make sure and also i font know if this helps or not but after every major change i do to the motherboard like reseating a cable or something or resseting the cmos it would turn on for 2 seconds and then turns off again. Also after turning off permenantly any connected device would still recieve power through the usb ports.

PC SPECS:

I3-4150

8GB Ram

FSP Hydro G 850 W modular power supply 

Rosewill fbm 01

15028106374771378420784.jpg

1502810666488518059798.jpg

1502810730333340937183.jpg

Sounds to me like you shorted out your PC. A USB Hub should not have external power like that (least not to my knowledge). Sound like one of the USB Killers just with the added step of a wall plug

Powered USB hubs are normal. 

Looking at your pictures it looks like you swapped polarity on the power in and thus have +5V on the gnd pin of the USB to the PC.

its a usb killer in disguise 

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

So do you think the pc is enirely dead?

If so would the ram or cpu still work?

13 minutes ago, MinerModi said:

So do you think the pc is enirely dead?

If so would the ram or cpu still work?

maybe they are alive but you need to test  on another  motherboard