Why does everyone go so off topic?

Merp83

Why does everyone on this forum go off topic its actually funny/stupid. My brother was researching and asking for opinions about wireless network cards (PCI express) and people were telling him to change his hard drive and graphics card. I just went on a post about what games can I play on a snapdragon 821 and people were talking about pc games.... There are so many examples of this it is more annoying than the slowmoguys cable management....

subscribe to pewdiepie

Not too sure plus some people might think of this of a status update

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Well, at least we don't fight each other and curse all over the place.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Well, at least we don't fight each other and curse all over the place.

You should see the nvidia, intel and AMD fanboys..

subscribe to pewdiepie

when this happens, please use the report button, one of us (moderators) will clean up the thread and post a reminder to keep it on-topic. ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

when this happens, please use the report button, one of us (moderators) will clean up the thread and post a reminder to keep it on-topic. ;)

And how long would it take for you to clean it up from the second i press report, 2hours? when the thread is pretty much finished? not trying to be rude, sorry

subscribe to pewdiepie

Just now, Merp83 said:

You should see the nvidia, intel and AMD fanboys..

It's a tech forum, fanboys will always be near lurking from behind their keyboard ready to leap out and attach innocent people with their BS and ignorance.

In general most fanboy-ism gets countered by a few people with proof, it can get out of hand sometimes yes, but then again the mods do a good job keeping it clean.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

It's a tech forum, fanboys will always be near lurking from behind their keyboard ready to leap out and attach innocent people with their BS and ignorance.

In general most fanboy-ism gets countered by a few people with proof, it can get out of hand sometimes yes, but then again the mods do a good job keeping it clean.

Glad to hear :)

subscribe to pewdiepie

1 minute ago, Merp83 said:

And how long would it take for you to clean it up from the second i press report, 2hours? when the thread is pretty much finished? not trying to be rude, sorry

Imo they react pretty quickly, It's probably something like 15 minutes?

A while ago we got quite often spambots that made a bunch of topics spamming the same BS, mods usually took it all down in a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Merp83 said:

if stuff like this never gets reported, it never gets fixed ... just saying.

Just now, wkdpaul said:

if stuff like this never gets reported, it never gets fixed ... just saying.

Ok, I will start smashing that button when i see something 'smelly'

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Imo they react pretty quickly, It's probably something like 15 minutes?

A while ago we got quite often spambots that made a bunch of topics spamming the same BS, mods usually took it all down in a few minutes.

Bloody hell...

subscribe to pewdiepie

also, FYI, if a user gets reported for going off-topic often he'll earn a spamming warning, so that's why reporting stuff like this is important.

It's also possible that it can take a few hours, it's rare but it happens from time to time, we're all volunteers and have lives outside of the forum, it sometimes happens that not many mods are online at some point during the day/night and slower "response time" are to be expected. But we do our best! ;)

22 minutes ago, Merp83 said:

Why does everyone on this forum go off topic its actually funny/stupid. My brother was researching and asking for opinions about wireless network cards (PCI express) and people were telling him to change his hard drive and graphics card. I just went on a post about what games can I play on a snapdragon 821 and people were talking about pc games.... There are so many examples of this it is more annoying than the slowmoguys cable management....

so what your saying is you dont want someone recommend you get 1000 watt power supply when asking for a network card?!

Like dude I dont think thats possible here,

but to be honest i think a fair amount just come from computer guys trying to be (EXTRAEXTRAEXTRA) helpful (to the point of trolling)

example- 

"yo whats a good set of desktop speakers"

-"yooo bro you need a new mother board and a sound card before you even think of something that plays sound"

4 minutes ago, lkuseian said:

so what your saying is you dont want someone recommend you get 1000 watt power supply when asking for a network card?!

Like dude I dont think thats possible here,

but to be honest i think a fair amount just come from computer guys trying to be (EXTRAEXTRAEXTRA) helpful (to the point of trolling)

example- 

"yo whats a good set of desktop speakers"

-"yooo bro you need a new mother board and a sound card before you even think of something that plays sound"

Yeah, we often get stuff on perfecting the whole PC, not just one component. So if you need a network card and are planning on buying an i5 rig to put it in, we’ll all freak out and scream Ryzen!  If anyone gets too far off topic (I’ve.... never.... done.... that...:D) just report us and the awesome mods swoop in and clean it up. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Merp83 said:

Here's the thing:

Making an off topic post in a thread is actually against the Community Standards.

If someone does that, simply report the post, and move on. Eventually a mod will come in and either delete the off topic posts, or remind people to stay on topic.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I have yet to encounter something like that tough... well, not all off topics are that bad nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeah, we often get stuff on perfecting the whole PC, not just one component. So if you need a network card and are planning on buying an i5 rig to put it in, we’ll all freak out and scream Ryzen!  If anyone gets too far off topic (I’ve.... never.... done.... that...:D) just report us and the awesome mods swoop in and clean it up. 

They were telling my brother to change his harddrive to a seagate 1tb from a wd caviar blue 1tb and also to go for a out of stock (because of ethereum mining) rx 580...

subscribe to pewdiepie

Just now, Merp83 said:

They were telling my brother to change his harddrive to a seagate 1tb from a wd caviar blue 1tb and also to go for a out of stock (because of ethereum mining) rx 580...

Swapping a WD Blue for a Seagate isn't a terrible choice - the Seagate may provide marginally better performance. Both are pretty good quality drives and should last just as long.

Some people simply think they're giving you help by suggesting things you might not have considered.

If they post off topic and don't respond to your initial question, just report the posts and/or ask them to stay on topic.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

also, FYI, if a user gets reported for going off-topic often he'll earn a spamming warning, so that's why reporting stuff like this is important.

It's also possible that it can take a few hours, it's rare but it happens from time to time, we're all volunteers and have lives outside of the forum, it sometimes happens that not many mods are online at some point during the day/night and slower "response time" are to be expected. But we do our best! ;)

:S

59933b8a8a17e_ScreenShot2017-08-15at11_20_44AM.png.c208123815f41bdbd9e1b2633801b28f.png

:D

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

As I have said before the problem is between the keyboard and the chair

8 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

i had to learn the hard way :(

when i was new, i had two spam warnings for postings satirical threads