Connect a mic to a laptop

Pyrofunto

Hey guys! I  have a little question, you see, on my laptop there is only one jack that serves both for output and input, only I am trying to connect a microphone without heaadphone on it and i cant make it work. Anyone got an ideo? Preferably without needing any adaptator.

Might help if you post some specs. Like brand / model, maybe a picture.

Remember we are not there with you..... or are we? :S 

The problem isn't the specs, I am just looking for a setting to change or a program to instal so that my computer understands it is a mic and not a headphone

You'll need an adaptor that splits the headphone/microphone combo jack into separate ports. 

Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00Y458NA6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502792818&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=3.5mm+microphone+splitter&dpPl=1&dpID=411D5jEIPIL&ref=plSrch

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'll need an adaptor that splits the headphone/microphone combo jack into separate ports. 

Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00Y458NA6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502792818&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=3.5mm+microphone+splitter&dpPl=1&dpID=411D5jEIPIL&ref=plSrch

Yeah but the problem is that I would need to use it today thats why i am looking for a software or so

5 minutes ago, Pyrofunto said:

Yeah but the problem is that I would need to use it today thats why i am looking for a software or so

Not possible, it's a physical difference. They should have them in most PC stores, so if you have a local one, you can try that. If not, it's tough luck really, nothing you can do

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Electrically not possible without an adapter

main-qimg-ab2c68a32f2e5ece753428fc7b400b

ok thanks for the help guys