Suggestions for new case fan(s)

CookiezFort

One of the stock fans that comes with the NZXT S340 sounds like its dying, I've cleaned it but it makes a loud grinding kind of sound.

I would like some suggestions for new case fans, as long as they're not ugly coloured and somewhat cheap.

The two I've been looking at are Corsair AF120's (quiet edition) or the Arctic F12 rev.2 (2 of them are half the price of the set of two AF120's)

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

I have exactly the same problem with the s340 fan, its making a coil whiny noise since a month, i have one AF140 on the top sicne two months after I had bought the case, they perform well, but they are a bit tool loud for my taste. Try to find something with some sort of rubber mounting like the higher tier noctua fans or I think be quiet silent wings. AFs are fine if you dont care about noise and just about performance

bequiet silent wings 3 are always a good choice, but when they are a bit to expensive, get the pure wings 2 (also very quiet)

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

I have tested the F12 and they won't spin up in a standing position only laying down.
They are not bad but the other fans you listed will perform better.

i slice my preference for fan brands in 4 categories:

- dirt cheap: xilence

- price/performance sweet spot: the black & white fractal design fans (and probably about every other case manufacturer in the same price bracket)

- best of the best, and its not gonna be in my face: noctua

- best of the best, and is defenately gonna be in my face: fractal design venturi.

there's a notable amount of diminishing return on the high end of that, and there's a notable "this is garbage" on the low end of that.

but in the middle.. between the fans i've seen.. its down to looks and preference.

12 hours ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

bequiet silent wings 3 are always a good choice, but when they are a bit to expensive, get the pure wings 2 (also very quiet)

I'll have a look at the bequiet fans. I'm happy with how they work on my Dark Rock 3 so I might go for the,

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

- price/performance sweet spot: the black & white fractal design fans (and probably about every other case manufacturer in the same price bracket)

Another one I'll consider, they look nice aswell!

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb