Tower 900 Build (2019) new pics halfway down page 1

Updated: original pics are at the top of this page. The new pics are in the middle. 

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums here, but I've been watching Linus's videos on YouTube for years. Anyway, I thought I'd take a little time to show off my first custom loop build (which is still nowhere near complete). It isn't perfect, but it'll get better over time. Also, the RGB lighting is usually set to white and blue (far tamer looking), but I figured I'd let it cycle for these pictures.

First off, it's a Tower 900, of course. Originally, I had most of these parts in a white NZXT Phantom case, but when I saw the Tower 900 online, I knew I had to get it. However, that proved to be rather difficult since I live in Japan now and the shipping and import charges from the US to Japan on a Tower 900 was around $230. Luckily, I found a website that sells it over here for around $310 USD (that's considered to be a good deal here). 

When I received the case, I immediately sold my 1080 and switched to an MSi 1080 ti Gaming X. When I bought that card, I had no intention of water cooling it, as I figured I'd wait for the Volta architecture from Nvidia, but yeah, I realized I didn't want to wait another year, so that should explain why I water cooled a non-reference card. As for the AIO Thermaltake Ultimate Water 3.0 that I have cooling the CPU, well, that's there simply because I don't have the money for a second loop at the moment, but rest assured, I will build a custom loop for that, as well! Speaking of which, I have no idea what color liquid I'm going to use for that second loop, and I feel like I've kind of backed myself into a corner in that regard since I bought Corsair blue, white, and black custom cables from Cablemod, so I'm open to suggestions for the liquid color in the second loop.

If you guys have any questions, please ask! I'll also show you how I handled the drain port in the rear of you'd like. That was a bit of a pain to figure out with the little space I had left between the 560mm radiator and the PSU.

Here are my specs:

Case: Tower 900

Motherboard: Asus X-99 Deluxe II

GPU: MSi 1080 ti Gaming X 

CPU: i7-6850K at 4.3 ghz (I'll overclock further after I build the second loop)

CPU cooler: Thermaltake Ultimate Water 3.0 (360mm rad). Yes, AIO coolers do fit in the Tower 900 cases!!!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000 8GB x 2

SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 250GB (I will switch to the 512GB Samsung Pro M.2 soon).

HDD: 2TB WD Blue. I'm not completely thrilled with the performance of this 5400 RPM drive, so I'll probably switch it out, as well.

Custom Loop Water Pump/Reservoir: Thermaltake PR-22 D5 pump/reservoir combo (I didn't go with EK because I like how there's already a bracket for Thermaltake pumps).

Custom Loop Radiator: EKWB 560mm Coolstream CE

Custom Loop Fittings: All EKWB. Two EK-AF 90 degree fittings, one EK-AF FF 90 degree fitting, two double 45 degree fittings, 12 EK-HDC fittings, a 20mm extension for the back of the res/pump combo (I highly recommend this extension for the Thermaltake!), a T-splitter, a Y-splitter rotary, an EK-AF ball valve, and 4 EK-CSQ plugs.

Custom Loop Liquid: UV reactive Navy Blue EK-Cryo Fuel 

Fans: I have a mixture of all three generations of Riing fans. Two original 120mm Riing fans on the back panel (I had extras from other builds), three 120mm Riing Pluses on the 360mm AIO rad, four 140mm Premium Pluses on the 560mm custom rad from EK, and two 140mm Premium Pluses in the front section of the chassis. Eventually, every fan in the case will be a Riing Premium Plus 140mm.

Custom Cables: Cablemod cables in Corsair blue, white, and black.

LED Strips: NZXT Hue Plus 

Keyboard: Razer Chroma

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG

IMG_4590.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG

IMG_4590.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4595.JPG

Oh, and one more thing, I have it hooked up to my Sony 4K HDR TV because I'm waiting for the 4K HDR 144hz monitors to come out. Apparently, they've been delayed until 2018! ?

looks great dude!

one thing i would change is the GPU cable routing. other than that great looks

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

10 hours ago, wildthing said:

looks great dude!

one thing i would change is the GPU cable routing. other than that great looks

Thanks a lot, man. Yeah, I thought about doing tighter routing, but recently I've seen a lot of guys with looser custom cables. I figured it shows off the cables a little more, but maybe I'll change it. To be honest, I haven't even tried to see what it'd look like without them wrapping around the PETG tubing. It might actually look better and slightly less busy in that area. 

Oh, and there's another I noticed now that's bugging me. When I replaced the original 140mm fan on top, I forgot to rout the cable through the upper section of the case where it'd be hidden. Argh...

Oh well, it's a process, right?

By the way, if that's your PC in the pic, nice work! I really dig clean, white builds like that!

15 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Thanks a lot, man. Yeah, I thought about doing tighter routing, but recently I've seen a lot of guys with looser custom cables. I figured it shows off the cables a little more, but maybe I'll change it. To be honest, I haven't even tried to see what it'd look like without them wrapping around the PETG tubing. It might actually look better and slightly less busy in that area. 

Oh, and there's another I noticed now that's bugging me. When I replaced the original 140mm fan on top, I forgot to rout the cable through the upper section of the case where it'd be hidden. Argh...

Oh well, it's a process, right?

By the way, if that's your PC in the pic, nice work! I really dig clean, white builds like that!

i didn't mean it like that, i meant like you have both 8 pins going 2 different ways, i think them running next to each other would look cleaner and for sure show them off! especially with that case.

yes that is/was my pc (updated to a better pic), that's a define S i painted white since there are non to buy in white.

but that build isn't complete anymore, i moved the parts to a different case because i planned to do some modding on it but never got the time for it.. maybe this summer.

kinda need to repaint it as well... 

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I just realized that it looks like two separate 8 pins. Lol. It's actually a dual 8 pin cable. Perhaps I can get another comb to rein it in a bit, attach it to the main 8 pin, and make it look like it's going the same direction.

• 1 year later...

Hey nice build what are those fittings in red circle. I'm going to build the same thing.

InkedIMG_4590.thumb.JPG.8b3e84f32307420f2bd2b749b2c9a80e_LI.jpg

6 hours ago, HC32KING said:

Hey nice build what are those fittings in red circle. I'm going to build the same thing.

InkedIMG_4590.thumb.JPG.8b3e84f32307420f2bd2b749b2c9a80e_LI.jpg

I’ll post my reply here, as well, just in case anyone else is curious...

Hello. On the left side, I have a 90 degree and a 2 x 45 degree. On the right, that’s just two different 2 x 45 degree fittings with a push in HD fitting (but an HDC fitting would be better there). 

Alrighty, guys. Since I’ve had someone interested in seeing the final build, I’ll post pictures and talk a little about the changes I’ve made.

So, the X99 motherboard I had crapped out on me, which led to me replacing it with the Rampage VI Extreme and the CPU with the 7820X (which I delidded). 

Also, the GPU is now a 2080ti, the RAM is now 32GB of the Trident Z Royal, and I’ve added an M.2 drive.

The only thing that’s changed for the first loop is the coolant. I was hoping that the colors wouldn’t be quite so bright, so I might go back to the old transparent Cryofuel Navy Blue. I think I might go with white coolant for the other side. Other than that, I’d like to figure out what colors I want to do for the RGB. Since I just finished this build and am a wee bit exhausted, I have been too lazy to figure it out. Color suggestions are welcome. 

For your old motherboard what motherboard connector did you connect the nzxt rgb strip controller with? 

mb.PNG

5 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

Woooow. I actually like the previous build better.

Yeah, I can understand that. I think figuring out what color scheme I want to go with would help. Everything is on the default setting right now. I haven’t even downloaded the software for that RAM, yet.

2 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

For your old motherboard what motherboard connector did you connect the nzxt rgb strip controller with? 

mb.PNG

I’m pretty sure I was using 18. 

6 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

The only thing that’s changed for the first loop is the coolant. I was hoping that the colors wouldn’t be quite so bright, so I might go back to the old transparent Cryofuel Navy Blue. I think I might go with white coolant for the other side. Other than that, I’d like to figure out what colors I want to do for the RGB. Since I just finished this build and am a wee bit exhausted, I have been to lazy to figure it out. Color suggestions are welcome. 

I recommend multi colour for the rgb strips like your previous one. and little bit of white coolant for both sides. Btw is your reservoir rgb version? Because that's what I'm going to be getting.

1 minute ago, HC32KING said:

I recommend multi colour for the rgb strips. and white coolant for both sides. Btw is your reservoir rgb version? Because that's what I'm going to be getting.

Nah, since I bought the first one before they had they RGB version, I just bought another non-RGB reservoir. Plus, living in Japan makes those really hard to come across. Actually, I ended up importing most of this stuff since parts are crazy expensive in Japan.

And using the the same color in both loops might look cool, but I would like to have a two-color scheme on every part of the build. 

Anyway, if anyone requests a color scheme for the RGB, I’ll give it a shot and post pics. Also, if someone would like a pic from a different angle, let me know.

8 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

Anyway, if anyone requests a color scheme for the RGB, I’ll give it a shot and post pics. Also, if someone would like a pic from a different angle, let me know.

It would be awesome if you had rgb tubing as well like the one Linus made 

I think transparent dark blue and transparent red coolant would match great .

3 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

That I can get behind. I think those colors would look great. 

3 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

7 minutes ago, HC32KING said:

Ah, I’ve seen that build before, but it’s just the fittings that are RGB, right? I considered those, but I’m very selective when it comes to fittings since some brands have been known to leak more than others. I’ve never used Thermaltake’s fittings, so if you give them a shot and find out they’re reliable, let me know. Maybe I’ll make the switch when redo everything next year. I figure I’ll try something new every time I upgrade my GPU, which I do once a year.

5 minutes ago, zubiecup99 said:

You know before I saw your build on google images I was about to cancel my first time build because I couldn't get this case because the case weighted too much and the store couldn't get the courier to ship to me until I saw your beautiful build and I was like damn it I will have to import this beauty from the USA then.