Jump to content
Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grenta

New Build! +Curved gaming monitor??

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So planning on building myself a new gaming rig. No video/photo editing planed what so ever.

I want it to run most games very smooth and be what so ever future proofed :)

So here's my layout, plz comment on stuff you would have changed and WHY.

 

CASE : Corsair Crystal 460X RGB

CPU : i7-7700K

CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Nepton 250M

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Rog Strix Z270I Gaming, Socket-1151

MEMORY : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz

STORAGE : Kingston SSDNow 240GB M.2 SSD  +  Seagate Barracuda 2TB

GPU : ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming

PSU : EVGA Power Supply 650W Gold

 

Monitor : Samsung 27" LED Curved 144Hz

Never played with a curved monitor before. The once that does plz pros & cons :)

 

Have a great day!

Yours, Grenta

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's your budget and where do you live?


1st:  NZXT S340 | MSI Z97S SLI Krait EditionIntel Core i7 4790K | NZXT X61 KrakenKingston HyperX Fury 32GB | 2x MSI R9 290X | 240GB SSD 2TB HDD | Corsair RM1000

2nd:  NZXT S340 Elite | Asus X99 Deluxe IIIntel Core 6900K | NZXT Kraken X62 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti | 1TB SSD 5TB HDD | Corsair RM1000x

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grenta said:

So planning on building myself a new gaming rig. No video/photo editing planed what so ever.

I want it to run most games very smooth and be what so ever future proofed :)

So here's my layout, plz comment on stuff you would have changed and WHY.

 

CASE : Corsair Crystal 460X RGB

CPU : i7-7700K

CPU COOLER : Cooler Master Nepton 250M

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Rog Strix Z270I Gaming, Socket-1151

MEMORY : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz

STORAGE : Kingston SSDNow 240GB M.2 SSD  +  Seagate Barracuda 2TB

GPU : ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming

PSU : EVGA Power Supply 650W Gold

 

Monitor : Samsung 27" LED Curved 144Hz

Never played with a curved monitor before. The once that does plz pros & cons :)

 

Have a great day!

Yours, Grenta

Crystal 460X is a mid-tower ATX case. The motherboard is mini-ITX, it will look lost in the case. I would suggest changing the motherboard to one of Strix Z270H, Strix Z270F, or Strix Z270-E Gaming.

 

Asus Strix motherboards support Aura Sync RGB lighting control. G.Skill makes TridentZ RGB memory modules that are compatible. You might also consider an Aura Sync compatible case. https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html lists cases and other Aura Sync compatible components.

 

The M.2 ssd is a SATA III drive, why not get a 2.5" model and save the M.2 slot for an NVMe drive?

 

EVGA has a number of 650W 80+ Gold psu. Some are excellent, some are not. What model is the one you have picked?


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, RaptorCandy said:

What's your budget and where do you live?

1. I live in Sweden (northern Europe)

2. My Budget is in todays exchange rate arround $2'350 exluding the monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, brob said:

Crystal 460X is a mid-tower ATX case. The motherboard is mini-ITX, it will look lost in the case. I would suggest changing the motherboard to one of Strix Z270H, Strix Z270F, or Strix Z270-E Gaming.

 

Asus Strix motherboards support Aura Sync RGB lighting control. G.Skill makes TridentZ RGB memory modules that are compatible. You might also consider an Aura Sync compatible case. https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html lists cases and other Aura Sync compatible components.

 

The M.2 ssd is a SATA III drive, why not get a 2.5" model and save the M.2 slot for an NVMe drive?

 

EVGA has a number of 650W 80+ Gold psu. Some are excellent, some are not. What model is the one you have picked?

Thanks for the wonderful feedback!!!

The Motheboard situation I haden't even thought about. gr8 input once again.

Sure, it would be better to save it for an NVMe drive.

The EVGA 650 I was looking at was the "ATX (220-G2-0650-Y2)"

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SanDisk - Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($234.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2350.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 07:52 EDT-0400


1st:  NZXT S340 | MSI Z97S SLI Krait EditionIntel Core i7 4790K | NZXT X61 KrakenKingston HyperX Fury 32GB | 2x MSI R9 290X | 240GB SSD 2TB HDD | Corsair RM1000

2nd:  NZXT S340 Elite | Asus X99 Deluxe IIIntel Core 6900K | NZXT Kraken X62 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti | 1TB SSD 5TB HDD | Corsair RM1000x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, RaptorCandy said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SanDisk - Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($234.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2350.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 07:52 EDT-0400

Looks really promising! hope it can be shipped to Sweden ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, RaptorCandy said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SanDisk - Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($234.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2350.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 07:52 EDT-0400

If I ordered all of that from a very well known Nordic computer site it would cost $2 485 WITHOUT the monitor!

Well.... gotta love to live in sweden LoL.

My budget would prolly then be within the $2000 then if the market is so much higher here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grenta said:

If I ordered all of that from a very well known Nordic computer site it would cost $2 485 WITHOUT the monitor!

Well.... gotta love to live in sweden LoL.

My budget would prolly then be within the $2000 then if the market is so much higher here...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($234.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1797.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 09:52 EDT-0400


1st:  NZXT S340 | MSI Z97S SLI Krait EditionIntel Core i7 4790K | NZXT X61 KrakenKingston HyperX Fury 32GB | 2x MSI R9 290X | 240GB SSD 2TB HDD | Corsair RM1000

2nd:  NZXT S340 Elite | Asus X99 Deluxe IIIntel Core 6900K | NZXT Kraken X62 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti | 1TB SSD 5TB HDD | Corsair RM1000x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
38 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($234.00 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1797.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 09:52 EDT-0400

So you would really go for a Ryzen? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grenta said:

Thanks for the wonderful feedback!!!

The Motheboard situation I haden't even thought about. gr8 input once again.

Sure, it would be better to save it for an NVMe drive.

The EVGA 650 I was looking at was the "ATX (220-G2-0650-Y2)"

An excellent psu!


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×