Gaming Center

Legendaryk4

Good evening,

I am planning on setting up something in my bedroom so I can play all my consoles. I did a rough design of what I am thinking about and want opinions. I made the image in google sketchup, please do not shit on the image as I'm not trained in this. I was winging it. The image is to scale. The rack systems are a place holder for a power switcher, HDMI and RCA switch boxes. The basket next to the chair is for controllers? Not sure what else I could do. And yes that is a CRT TV. How do you expect me to play duck hunt without a CRT.... you can't. I couldnt remove the base of the top monitor so just pretend its mounted to the wall on an arm. The cube storage was for reference, I cannot use that as it is filled with my wife's shit. I also want to avoid using the flat screen so I can play my HDMI consoles without bothering the women. (Avoiding future arguments about taking over the TV). I was probably going to find a switcher for the 2nd monitor to to that. Ideas for cable management would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Retro Center 2.jpg

Also that weird thing between the genesis and Wii U is a dreamcast. They didnt have a good model on sketch up that was to scale.

Looks pretty cool, but the TV looks really small. I don't know if you can get a bigger desk, but that would be helpful.

Also a tip: You can remove the stand on the top monitor by right clicking it and selecting "edit component." You may need to do it a few times because the creator may have nested components or groups.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

12 minutes ago, Legendaryk4 said:

Good evening,

I am planning on setting up something in my bedroom so I can play all my consoles. I did a rough design of what I am thinking about and want opinions. I made the image in google sketchup, please do not shit on the image as I'm not trained in this. I was winging it. The image is to scale. The rack systems are a place holder for a power switcher, HDMI and RCA switch boxes. The basket next to the chair is for controllers? Not sure what else I could do. And yes that is a CRT TV. How do you expect me to play duck hunt without a CRT.... you can't. I couldnt remove the base of the top monitor so just pretend its mounted to the wall on an arm. The cube storage was for reference, I cannot use that as it is filled with my wife's shit. I also want to avoid using the flat screen so I can play my HDMI consoles without bothering the women. (Avoiding future arguments about taking over the TV). I was probably going to find a switcher for the 2nd monitor to to that. Ideas for cable management would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

for the cables i would run them along the back of the shelves (pictured in red) and put them in a cable sleeve, leading down to a cable box with 2 power strips in it.

Image result for cable sleevesImage result for dual power strip cable box

Untitled.png.9787b90d97f01176589138d43f8d8f25.png

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 hour ago, njmyers3 said:

Looks pretty cool, but the TV looks really small. I don't know if you can get a bigger desk, but that would be helpful.

Also a tip: You can remove the stand on the top monitor by right clicking it and selecting "edit component." You may need to do it a few times because the creator may have nested components or groups.

Its a 19". I unfortunately don't have the space for a bigger desk, but thank you for the tip.

1 hour ago, SlipperyPete said:

for the cables i would run them along the back of the shelves (pictured in red) and put them in a cable sleeve, leading down to a cable box with 2 power strips in it.

I will keep the cable sleeves in mind. Definitely a good solution, thanks. I wanted to avoid the use of power strips. I was going to get something like this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029L7KRY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3310RC73OCEB2

7 minutes ago, Legendaryk4 said:

I will keep the cable sleeves in mind. Definitely a good solution, thanks. I wanted to avoid the use of power strips. I was going to get something like this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029L7KRY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3310RC73OCEB2

that is a much better solution. that will be installed in the wall?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

31 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

that is a much better solution. that will be installed in the wall?

Naw, probably just going to set it on the shelf with these, or something like these, on top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4LOU12/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_12?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AUTFQ43Q7FMBM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NA68VG6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_13?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1F8NSKJA5BK

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXVBB7C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_25?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TXJ8YQ6MM9JH