1050ti can't undervolt

So simply I can increase the voltage no problem but I can't undervolt. Yes this is the pcie only version. Does anyone know of a way to undervolt the 1050ti msi after burner with the voltage control setting on wont let me go below only lift up the voltage. I have done the msi note editor the Eula thing all of it. Can anyone suggest a program that also does this maybe I can give it a try.

Open the voltage curve and set the frequencies for each voltage step manually.

It is CTRL+F in the Afterburner I believe... not 100% sure

Why are you undervolting a 1050ti?

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

@Phate.exeWhy does this question seem so common? if it can only use 75 watts then undervolting gives more room for a overclock?

@WereCatIt only lets me change the freq not the voltage so only up or down not left or right. Thanks for the suggestion

29 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

It only lets me change the freq not the voltage so only up or down not left or right. Thanks for the suggestion

Did you go into the settings of afterburner under general tab.  there should be a check box next to unlock voltage control.

6 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

@Beowulff83 Yes after I clicked it would let me add voltage but not reduce

I think voltage control for the 1050/ti is locked. Most can overclock to the nvidia imposed max of 1911MHz with no voltage adjustment. Mine certainly did.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

48 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

@Phate.exeWhy does this question seem so common? if it can only use 75 watts then undervolting gives more room for a overclock?

Huh?

The logic here escapes me. By undervolting a card you can overclock it more?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@unknownmiscreantMine can only use 75 watts whenever I use cam to see the freq with my overclock it stays around 1800 MHz which is nice but I thought from seeing the power usage at 100% it was a power limit keeping me away from the 1911mhz since my temps are low

1 minute ago, Ohsnaps said:

@unknownmiscreantMine can only use 75 watts whenever I use cam to see the freq with my overclock it stays around 1800 MHz which is nice but I thought from seeing the power usage at 100% it was a power limit keeping me away from the 1911mhz since my temps are low

Mine never came close to the 75w power limit when OCed. 

Have you got the power and temperature limits raised to the max?

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

4 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

@unknownmiscreantodd? what 1050ti do you have and yes I do the full 100% and 97 temp of course it doesn't get that hot

Mine was:

http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD#kf

In afterburner, I had:

Power: 125%

Temp: 97C

Core: +160MHz

Mem: +1000MHz

That gave me a 1911MHz boost clock on the core. Anything above 1911MHz crashed instantly for me. Doing some research, it looked like Nvidia imposed this as a hard limit in the card's bios.

Bear in mind my card had a PCIe 6 pin power connector.

Try raise the power limit. That looks like what you are running into.

Also can you post a screenshot of afterburner/whatever you are using.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

@unknownmiscreantahhh see mine is the 75 watt no 6 pin meaning it literally cant draw more than 75 watts as that's what the pcie slot gives good news is if I leave the mem clock alone I'm able to hit 1800mhz 1822 MHz so I guess a 100 MHz difference isn't that bad Thanks for your help if any one knows of a way to undervolt this card I would really appreciate it 

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

snip

That would fit. Although its strange, as my card struggled to draw the full 75w even when overclocked.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

@unknownmiscreanthow are you judging what its drawing though programs will tell you all this stuff but most of the time they don't tell you the pin and the pcie slot together My card has one fan I set the fan speed to 35 and locked it there card might reach 70 c I gained an extra 100 MHz from 1700 to were I am now trust me with two fans that are larger your card is drawing more than 75 watts 

1 minute ago, Ohsnaps said:

@unknownmiscreanthow are you judging what its drawing though programs will tell you all this stuff but most of the time they don't tell you the pin and the pcie slot together My card has one fan I set the fan speed to 35 and locked it there card might reach 70 c I gained an extra 100 MHz from 1700 to were I am now trust me with two fans that are larger your card is drawing more than 75 watts 

I was just looking at the power usage graph in afterburner. I never made any hard measurements with a ammeter or anything, so you're probably right.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

if anyone has a 1050ti no 6 pin and has undervolted Any information would be very nice xD Thank you for everyone who has commented and tried to help

FYI I was able to lower my voltage % in msi afterburner.  setting turned on unlock voltage control, unlock voltage monitor and force constant voltage. restarted msi afterburner.  then I unlinked the power limit and temp limit sliders, should be the red chain link looking thing in between the two sliders.  once I did that I dropped temp slider and power% slider down to the lowest setting. this forced my power usage down from around 90% down to about 72% .