Your Experience with (or someone with) Autism?

PlayStation 2

This oughta turn out interesting, because I've always wondered how either you cope with autism or how you've seen someone cope with it.

Me personally, I've kinda coped with it by developing very close friends who I'm comfortable with being around. It ties into my introvertedness.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Oh shit we're brothers... In profile pics, not really in anything else. I'm not autistic, but I'm following because I'm curious as to how people deal with it, I honestly just can't picture what it's like.

I have a relative that has autism and you have to patiently deal with him. Screaming or getting angry does not help.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I was diagnosed with autism at the age of twelve. but I honestly think it's a misdiagnosis.

Having talked to plenty of people with varying degrees of autism, I can safely say that my experience with whatever is wrong with me is totally opposite to what they were experiencing. 

Like, I might be a socially awkward motherfucker, but I was never really introverted. I have never really cared what other people thought or felt about me, so I'm really out going (even too outgoing according to my wife).

The people I've interacted with that are on the autism spectrum have all been really nice and upstanding people. Granted, I've never really meet any in the heavier end of the spectrum.

The only thing you really need is patience. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This kid with Autism goes to my school, and people always make fun of him and it makes me feel bad, he's a nice guy though.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

This kid with Autism goes to my school, and people always make fun of him and it makes me feel bad, he's a nice guy though.

Wait, people make fun of him? The fuck?

7 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

They all think its funny, it's really dumb.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

I've worked with people with autism back when I worked at a grocery store, and they are probably the nicest people you will ever meet. You might have help them out a bit but they will always be willing to lend a hand.

23 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Kids and adolescents are brutal. Being different in basically any capacity is grounds for torment until you've graduated, unless there's a clique of kids like you. I'm surprised that you're surprised...

I used to be quite active here.

24 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Kids and adolescents are brutal. Being different in basically any capacity is grounds for torment until you've graduated, unless there's a clique of kids like you. I'm surprised that you're surprised...

I'm surprised because when I was in middle school and high school kids who were a bit further than 'barely' or 'maybe' on the autism spectrum were treated super-well by everyone. 

I currently work with people on the more severe end of the spectrum. And i have a relative that has moderate to severe autism.

Sweetest people you'll ever meet. But they have their moods and days like anyone else. Its just harder for them to cope. 

There are many tools they can use and of course in their cases they have people on hand 24/7 that they can rely on. 

Patience and compassion goes a long way. As do routines. Everyone is different though. 

Treat them like anyone else in a first encounter and adapt to how they react.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have aspergers syndrome, which is a relatively high functioning "type" of autism.

I've gotten a lot better and a lot of people wouldn't know I had anything wrong with me unless I directly told them. I have slight social anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and tourettes syndrome (the last of which has kind of gone away) most likely because of this. I take two pills, Zoloft and Stretera. Zoloft helps with anxiety and Stretera helps with ADHD, incidentally one of them also seems to help with tourettes syndrome. Anyway it was probably at it's worst when I was in primary school. I would have an occasional mental breakdown if something bad happened and I wasn't very socially active. I had a separate classroom where I could go to if I needed and there were teachers that would talk to me and calm me down. There was one time where someone slapped me and I threw a chair at them (it luckily didn't hit them). I ended up going to a therapist and getting some extra help from the school. Pretty much all of those problems are gone now, the social anxiety is still kind of there but I have a relatively good group of friends and a good reputation. I sometimes get stressed in large crowds of people but I remove myself from the situation before I get too stressed. But I haven't had any breakdowns or anything for years. I'm pretty much a normal person now, and nobody would really know about these things unless I told them.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

10 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I'm surprised because when I was in middle school and high school kids who were a bit further than 'barely' or 'maybe' on the autism spectrum were treated super-well by everyone. 

I'm sure it depends on where you're from. I think all the kids in Termina are pretty nice- they even have a gang dedicated to doing favors for people.

On the topic of the thread now :) VVV

From my experience, I only have one kid that I interact with on a regular basis that has autism. I know him from Boy Scouts (he's 11 and I'm 17, so I teach him stuff.) I just treat him like any other kid. Sometimes he requires more patience than other people, but he's really nice and helpful. He's great at learning and he gets along with the other newbies just fine. The other kids treat him great, so there's never any issues.

I used to be quite active here.

Personal experience here. I'm one on the spectrum. Pretty high-functioning, but not to the extent of some friends I know that are autistic.

I am not sure how to respond, but... with what I've been through so far hasn't been the easiest experience, so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

First of all, dealing with anxiety and depression is not the easiest thing so far. When faced with social norms, I feel that somehow, people selectively exclude autistic people because they're "nonconforming" to their "standards". To me, this is bullshit. Everyone has their own ways of doing things, even if they must spend more time on something to get it right the first or second time. My own way may seem slow or too redundant, but I always make sure that I'm not making any mistakes midway through a process to make sure that things get done to what is required or above. I'm not one for mistakes for simple things, and I always expect as smooth a ride as possible, even if it may get rough.

I'm currently trying out for a position for a modding team for a Skyrim total conversion (won't tell you anything else beyond that), and I'm at least trying, even if it may seem impossible with anxiety, mental breakdowns (due to lack of creativity vs. trying to make 30 different variations of a single thing, solo), and the like.

I try to be socially active by making conversations and small talk whenever I can. But when I'm playing ball and someone's friend/s come in, I get left out and I'm only needed/wanted in the meantime. I already have a hard enough time trying to keep the wheel spinning, and this situation I've outlined makes matters more worse than it should be, even if I make people well-aware of my shortcomings. All I ask is to be included in one way or another, and that's not very difficult at all. And as for relationships, well, I feel like I'm out of luck, no matter how hard I try. I'm not forceful at all, as I see it as wrong, disrespectful, and even disgraceful. I got out of a relationship about 6 years ago because my ex-girlfriend at the time was full of drama, and I couldn't put up with it anymore. But did I see the consequences of my choices of what effect it would have on me later on down the road? Nope (more on morality below). I may have gotten out of a bad relationship for the good part of it, but that lead to anxiety in general, which leads to episodes of depression. Would I want to go back into that relationship? Hell no. But am I available and do I want to? You're damn right I do, but right now, in this day and age, it's now or never, despite people trying to tell me otherwise because a lot of college folk I've met and observed are in a relationship of one shape or another.

I am also intolerant of people who have a confrontational/hostile tone of voice, regardless of whether they're right or wrong. Race, sex, religion, political views, sexual orientation, and disabilities have almost no bearing on the character of a person, as all of those are malleable to any form (those are my views because I've met some vile people who are women before, and met some really nice men as well, despite my personal preference for women in general because I see them as nicer than men in general. I try and make sure that a bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch, and find good ones wherever I can). I also hate being interrupted because if I don't deliver the fullest context of anything, they won't truly get what I'm saying or where I'm coming from.

To me (on the topic of morality), nothing is ever black or white like so many people try to make it out to be. It's all shades of gray (or morally ambiguous). Immediate effects of actions or decisions made become known now or within a month (benefits or otherwise), but the true consequences (whether good or bad) become apparent up to several years later on down the road. I try to calculate and rationalize certain decisions before committing them to make sure that I'm not going to screw myself or other people around me now or later on.

What's your take on this?

Off-topic note: I've got to file a petition to get my username changed. It's super simple; just drop the "NK" part of it and reduce my username to just simply "Jurunce", as that is now my official online handle for just about everything outside of my personal life. Know how I can do this?

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

-snip-

If you two are still dating, how does your boyfriend feel about you having asperger's? I know @wcreek doesn't seem to mind that I have autism.

1 hour ago, JurunceNK said:

-large snip-

I'm also fairly high on the spectrum, although, when I was younger, I was told I'd never be able to speak, comprehend English, and do a lot of productive things.

I guess to start, anxiety isn't something I cope with all that well, but when it comes along I just try to ignore it, like a lot of things. If I want something done right, I really do take my time with it unless I feel the effort required is not worth my time. See; my artwork scans

I try to be socially active, but my very locked personality is a bad thing when it comes to that. I'm not very open to people unless I feel 105% comfortable with them. Hell, it was kinda hard to actually go for my very first relationship but I felt that I trusted him enough to go for it.

I really couldn't care less about the physical traits of a person when it comes to befriending them. Race doesn't matter, sex or sexual preference not at all, political views don't matter unless you make it an issue, etc. I'm here to have fun, not deal with drama and if they don't want to put up with it, I generally get to Angelica Pickles levels of sass.

The way I go about my choices are almost always based on "do it not and think about what I could've done in retrospect". It's a shitty way of going on about it, and I hope to change it, but for now, it's kinda what I'm stuck with. Eventually, though, I realize the actions of my consequences and I go off of that.

As for changing your name, just PM an administrator or moderator about it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Had a friend in school many years ago that was definitively on the spectrum: quiet in the extreme, emotionless and void until someone touched onto one of his favorite topics (like Anime, emulators, etc.) then he'd get noticeable comfortable but still replying or commenting in a very concise matter. When pushed to interact he would actually come up with something incredibly odd to the point he was often funny in his strange reaction: He'd spend like 30 minutes among a group of people not saying a single word and when I told him "Hey quiet down already!" he reached for an imaginary volume knob on himself, turning it down xD

Also when talking with the benefit of the internet he'd be actually not only a lot more personable but even very talk active.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't see it as "coping" with autism, as my son has autism. You adjust to someone with autism, you adapt. I have had to learn that due to his condition, I have to change the way I do things with him than I do with my daughter. You learn immense patience. You have to see their intelligence and brilliance in a different way than you would see any other child. Most of all, you have to understand that they are struggling, and you have to be willing to struggle with them. 

4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

You went to a really nice school then. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

My nephew has autism.

Is turning 3 years old and still can't speak a single word. When he plays his toys, he'd rather gather them and stack him. Also sensitive to certain stimuli. Since he's only 3, there's not much to observe to see what part of the spectrum he may lie on.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If you two are still dating, how does your boyfriend feel about you having asperger's? I know @wcreek doesn't seem to mind that I have autism.

Well I mean it might help too I've grown up knowing lots of people with various developmental disabilities. Even a family member with some disabilities of his own. But people who are affected by ASDs the range is so broad from people who you wouldn't even think would be on the spectrum to people who unfortunately were a little less fortunate.

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hell, it was kinda hard to actually go for my very first relationship but I felt that I trusted him enough to go for it.

:x 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

As a kid/teenager, I used to be on the wrestling team, as did a boy a year younger than me named Adam*.  Adam is one of the nicest people I've ever known.  Kids would make fun of him to his face, and of course he'd get angry and I'd step in for him when I was there.  Whenever I'd see him at public events like a festival or something, he would always come over and greet me.  If I was ever having a bad day, he'd make my day instantly.  To him, everyone was his friend.  He always tried to be very kind to others, even if they weren't trying to be nice to him.  He used to be very rowdy and energetic, but then he went to a special type of therapy and after that, he was calmer (it wasn't drugs-basically they combined a healthy diet with special exercises).  

All in all, most people that have autism that I know are some of the nicest and most caring people I know.

*not real name.

I had an autistic friend. As long as you don't trigger them, they can be pretty cool. He'd watch me play games on my laptop or 3DS during first period.

EDIT: It's also pretty cool that he had memorized the game so well he could probably run through it blindfolded.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

39 minutes ago, lilbman said:

All in all, most people that have autism that I know are some of the nicest and most caring people I know.

Exactly! A lot of the girls I knew from high school (they're all friends, I've outlined this in my first post) regarded me as being a really nice person and felt safe around me. It actually felt good knowing that that's who I am, because I do care and respect them.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I cant imagine what its like tbh. I have to give major props to you, and to anyone who is autistic. I went to a hockey camp once and there was this kid who seemed like he was autistic and he was really kind. He was eating a cookie so I said "You enjoy that cookie" in a more joking way and he took it seriously and was like "Wow, thanks" and I felt really accomplished lol.

@QuantumBit If somebody in my school was autistic and being made fun of, I'd beat the crap out of the main person making fun of them. And if they were bigger than me, I'd get bigger. Cause I honestly can't stand crap like that. People like that don't deserve an education. And I am a Christian (you can tell by my sig) but I dont turn the other cheek all the time if you know what I mean, if somebody ever attacks me, I would attack them back. Just my personality. (Only has happened once outside of school) And my parents fully agree with me on that, the day you let someone mess with you is the day you'll never see the end of it. And the day you stand up for someone else is the day they see the end of it (weell if you're successful anyways) (probably doesn't help that my dad used to be a kickboxer)

Back on topic, I haven't really met any autistic kids in my life but the ones I have are really nice, and I honestly have all the patience in the world for them. They're too innocent and nice. Btw, screw the people who make fun of them. Taking up too much oxygen tbh.

Also my sister is in occupational therapy so she deals with them sometimes. If not autism, kids with other types of disabilities. I could ask her for her take if anybody wants.

Sweet yeets I noticed when @OP posted this (qt 3.14 heh :^) I was getting ready for work :'( 

(qt 3.14 heh :^)

Contextually contexted for those who aren't sure why I wrote that: Look at my sig...

Spoiler

unknown.png

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization