Looking for internal fan hub.

quiffghtyu

I'm looking for an internal fan hub that will allow me to control the speeds of my case fans as I currently have them on molex running at 100%. I don't really know much about these things so could you suggest some that will do the job please.

I have an NZXT Grid+ V2 in my personal system, and it performs quite well. Using CAM, I'm able to control fan RPM and set up custom curves, which works well.

I think it's about 20 dollars

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

I have an NZXT Grid+ V2 in my personal system, and it performs quite well. Using CAM, I'm able to control fan RPM and set up custom curves, which works well.

I think it's about 20 dollars

£30 here. The software hasn't got very good reviews so it kinda threw me off it. Would you recommend it?

14 minutes ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

I'm looking for an internal fan hub that will allow me to control the speeds of my case fans as I currently have them on molex running at 100%. I don't really know much about these things so could you suggest some that will do the job please.

What fans do you have in many cases you can run them off the motherboard and control the speed from there. 

5 minutes ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

£30 here. The software hasn't got very good reviews so it kinda threw me off it. Would you recommend it?

CAM is a bit buggy, but it works just fine with my Hue+ and Grid. If you don't mind occasional crashes and slowdowns, go for it.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, W-L said:

What fans do you have in many cases you can run them off the motherboard and control the speed from there. 

I have corsair SP 120's. I would have them on the mobo headers but I want to keep visible cables to a minimum.

3 minutes ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

I have corsair SP 120's. I would have them on the mobo headers but I want to keep visible cables to a minimum.

Route them along the board to behind the tray or in between the board and tray? 

As for fan controllers the NZXT grid+ V2 is the best option for 3 pin fans. For 4 pin PWM that would be best suited for your motherboard. 

Just now, W-L said:

Route them along the board to behind the tray of in tweet the board and tray? 

As for fan controllers the NZXT grid+ V2 is the best option for 3 pin fans. For 4 pin PWM that would be best suited for your motherboard. 

I'd rather keep them all out of sight. I understand what you're saying but I'd rather just spend a little bit of money to keep clutter to a minimum. I'm quite particular haha!

I am using a Phateks fan hub that came with my case very nice rated for 30 volts total so it can take 12 fans(with splitters) easy the total amount of the case mounts for fans.
However never used a different fan hub so other than that I can not advise you.

2 hours ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

I'd rather keep them all out of sight. I understand what you're saying but I'd rather just spend a little bit of money to keep clutter to a minimum. I'm quite particular haha!

In that case the controller route like that NZXT unit would be best. 

Just now, W-L said:

In that case the controller route like that NZXT unit would be best. 

It has been ordered.