Dual Display

cubies1982

just order a DVI/HDMI cable... there like £$10 for a decent length one

Character artist in the Games industry.

Just now, Pixxie_Payne said:

just order a DVI/HDMI cable... there like £$10 for a decent length one

thanks! it will still work? i need one to be HDMI

If you have a DVI cable laying around, you can also use that one, since the monitor has a DVI input too. (Or a friend has one he/she doesn't use)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

34 minutes ago, AndersT2 said:

If you have a DVI cable laying around, you can also use that one, since the monitor has a DVI input too. (Or a friend has one he/she doesn't use)

just ordered one thanks

No. You might not see a differance, but VGA is on the way out. It's analog, so the GPU will have to convert to analog, than back to digital again in the screen.

If the Monitor came with a VGA cable, and I'd bet the 970 you have came with a small brick, that converts either the DVI port to HDMI, or to VGA, so you might don't have to buy anything (If it's the first, maybe a HDMI cable).

Check if the 970 came with something like this: 81hH9cC70UL._SX355_.jpg

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

3 minutes ago, AndersT2 said:

No. You might not see a differance, but VGA is on the way out. It's analog, so the GPU will have to convert to analog, than back to digital again in the screen.

If the Monitor came with a VGA cable, and I'd bet the 970 you have came with a small brick, that converts either the DVI port to HDMI, or to VGA, so you might don't have to buy anything (If it's the first, maybe a HDMI cable).

Check if the 970 came with something like this: 81hH9cC70UL._SX355_.jpg

sorry i edited the post, i bought a dvi to dvi cable with my GPU having a dvi port and my monitor too