RX Vega Review and benchmarks "leaked"

MoonlightSylv

poor old Vega 64 currently cost 250 bucks more than a 1080 in Australia as well SMH, I can't fathom why they're sold out, surely no one other than a niche number of content creators would buy them.

Surely Fanboys aren't that silly.

2 hours ago, hammer3339 said:

poor old Vega 64 currently cost 250 bucks more than a 1080 in Australia as well SMH, I can't fathom why they're sold out, surely no one other than a niche number of content creators would buy them.

Surely Fanboys aren't that silly.

I think it's a combination of:
1) Fanboys. I saw lots and lots of people say they preordered it without even knowing what the performance was like.

2) Miners just buying any graphics card they can get right now, even though I don't think Vega seems that good for mining (too high power consumption).

3) And last but most likely not the least significant reason, very low stock to begin with.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I think it's a combination of:
1) Fanboys. I saw lots and lots of people say they preordered it without even knowing what the performance was like.

2) Miners just buying any graphics card they can get right now, even though I don't think Vega seems that good for mining (too high power consumption).

3) And last but most likely not the least significant reason, very low stock to begin with.

I spoke to a retailer on Monday and asked if they had any stock ready to go, his response was, "no, we really only sell consumer grade products" (he sells 1080ti's but not titans) "if it sells well, we'll get them in  in a few weeks"  They've been around for a while and they know their customers.

I think stocks may not have been that high, but also a 1080 can be had for the same price and a 1080ti about $200-300 more.  We're also forgetting that there are die hard fans who will buy it (because money is not an issue) even though they already have a 1080ti and they just want one of everything.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.