Elon Musk's OpenAI, the best DOTA 2 player in the world

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you're planning on having kids though, it is relevant.  As one of the previous videos I posted says (to paraphrase) "If we knew with relative certainty that our grandchildren might live like this (points to picture of starving child in the middle of a barren wasteland) we would probably do something about it, but when it comes to AI, we just think 'oh, isn't that neat!?'"

The other point is even if it does not go full skynet, but AI's replace 99% of the jobs. Why pay a engineer to QA technical drawings when a AI can do it faster and cheaper.

So if only 1% of the population works how will the 99% survive/make money?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

my dream would be to take my masters in artificial intelligence. The problem is I am probably not smart enough but we will see. I am just in my second year in computer science

32 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

The other point is even if it does not go full skynet, but AI's replace 99% of the jobs. Why pay a engineer to QA technical drawings when a AI can do it faster and cheaper.

So if only 1% of the population works how will the 99% survive/make money?

Assuming society aren't completely destroyed, they will still have to be completely redesigned, because currently everything is based off the idea of people working to get money to pay for everything ,etc etc, and in a future where virtually nothing needs to be done by people, what would that world look like?  I don't think anyone has those answers yet but we can be sure it would be unrecognizable compared to what we have now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Assuming society aren't completely destroyed, they will still have to be completely redesigned, because currently everything is based off the idea of people working to get money to pay for everything ,etc etc, and in a future where virtually nothing needs to be done by people, what would that world look like?  I don't think anyone has those answers yet but we can be sure it would be unrecognizable compared to what we have now.

This is when de evolution kicks in. your life becomes that of your pets, paradise (or hell if the owner is a ass hole)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you're planning on having kids though, it is relevant.  As one of the previous videos I posted says (to paraphrase) "If we knew with relative certainty that our grandchildren might live like this (points to picture of starving child in the middle of a barren wasteland) we would probably do something about it, but when it comes to AI, we just think 'oh, isn't that neat!?'"

That's true, but barring the absolute doomsday scenario and considering a world where simply most current jobs are replaced by AI, I would hope by the time my children need a job they'll have learned to do something that's useful in that society. Society isn't just going to be replaced by AI leaving everyone to starve - there will either still be something humans can do more effectively, or our way of life is going to change drastically. In short, while being "repalced" could be disastrous for our generation, hopefully humanity will adapt to the new situation.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Goku-sama said:

First AI beat highly experienced US fighter pilots, now they defeat a top player in Dota 2!

Man, i would love to see 5 CS:GO pro players vs 1 one of these AI's in a game.... :D.

thats gonna be boring, just like 1v1 in dota.

i will be amazed if AI can win a real 5v5 match against a top team.

btw valve set a 50 arcana bounty for who can win against the AI and they were all gone within hours.

2 hours ago, Goku-sama said:

First AI beat highly experienced US fighter pilots, now they defeat a top player in Dota 2!

Man, i would love to see 5 CS:GO pro players vs 1 one of these AI's in a game.... :D.

You don't need top notch AI to beat human in csgo. No human has faster reaction than a bot and they have perfect aim. Just a little tweak to current bot and it can beat any human.

12 hours ago, mach said:

You don't need top notch AI to beat human in csgo. No human has faster reaction than a bot and they have perfect aim. Just a little tweak to current bot and it can beat any human.

Well that is why i would like to see how one would fare against five, since even he killed one or two there would be three more left to back them up.

12 hours ago, apm said:

thats gonna be boring, just like 1v1 in dota.

i will be amazed if AI can win a real 5v5 match against a top team.

btw valve set a 50 arcana bounty for who can win against the AI and they were all gone within hours.

Really? Well, must have been Dendi who beat it 50 times after xD.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Reminds me of the one video for the LTT giveaway they did last time, I wish I remembered the video unless it was unlisted, but they showed it off like three times on the Wan show because the hacking scene was so funny

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25