Windows Install/BIOS will not recognize any SATA devices!

EggEater

Alright, I'm going to make this as fast and simple as possible. This is my 2nd rig I've ever built myself so I'm somewhat kowledgable in PC hardware. I put together a nice shiny new PC containing a 120GB 2.5 SSD and a 3TB HDD. However the bios doesn't recognize any of it, which I didn't consider strange because they are blank disks. But when I was going through the windows 10 installation, it would refuse to recognize any drive to install windows on! 

I tried everything I could think of,

refresh

Swap Sata ports

Try a spare 1TB HDD (which still wasn't recognized)

Im really at my wits end here! I know for a fact both devices are getting power. It can't be that both my brand new drives are dead?! I would grately appreciate any solution from the LTT community.

The rig I'm talking about:

Asus Prime X370 motherboard

Ryzen 5 1600 

Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4 

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W 

Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HDD

Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB

Zotac GTX 1060 Mini

Thermaltake Core V31 case

TL;DR: Neither my SSD or HDD will be recognized when attempting to install windows. Both are receiving power.

1st make sure that the drives are plugged in at both ends with powee and clear ur cmos

2 hours ago, _Dr_Eye_ said:

1st make sure that the drives are plugged in at both ends with powee and clear ur cmos

Cleared my cmos to no avail, and obviously I checked all cables/connections. I'm really stumped here.

If the motherboard is new, everything is connected correctly, and the BIOS can't see a single drive, I think it's time to entertain the possibility that the controller or ports on the motherboard have failed and that you should return it for a new unit.  Preferably while you can return it to where you BOUGHT it from rather than having to RMA it.  Most places give you 7, 14, or 30 days for an immediate return should a product be defective before you're stuck with doing an RMA.

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

If the motherboard is new, everything is connected correctly, and the BIOS can't see a single drive, I think it's time to entertain the possibility that the controller or ports on the motherboard have failed and that you should return it for a new unit.  Preferably while you can return it to where you BOUGHT it from rather than having to RMA it.  Most places give you 7, 14, or 30 days for an immediate return should a product be defective before you're stuck with doing an RMA.

;( yeah I figured by now the ports are probably dead or something, ugh which really sucks cause I already have everything setup on the mobo. Thanks for the advice guys.

Do you see the drives in BIOS?  If so, it could be that WinPE just needs drivers to be able to see the drives?  Seen that before when using a RAID controller, although not with onboard SATA.

You could also try to flash the BIOS.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:28 PM, dmuirhead said:

Do you see the drives in BIOS?  If so, it could be that WinPE just needs drivers to be able to see the drives?  Seen that before when using a RAID controller, although not with onboard SATA.

You could also try to flash the BIOS.

No im afraid the BIOS doesn't recognize it either

I'll try to flash he BIOS quick and see if it does anything 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Got a new motherboard. Same fucking issue. I dont even know.