AT&T "Rant"

mbryant

So the first Cell carrier I had was AT&T but that was when my parents paid my bill so I didn't have to deal with it myself. I switched to Cricket about 2 years ago because of the price and no contract. I already had an iPhone so it was a great choice. A year after I switched I ended up switching to Android and bought a Zenfone 2. $300 was great for the phone. After a year I was tired of minor inconveniences with the phone that happened often enough to be very annoying. I wanted to buy a premium phone but since Cricket didn't offer monthly payments on phones I was S.O.L. So I decided to shop around and ended up looking at AT&T and Verizon. I went to a Verizon store first and when I went in I said "Hey I'm just looking around, this is what I'm looking for and I want to know what my options are and pricing" I was given all the info I needed and they didn't try to push a sale on me. I went to AT&T after and as soon as I walked in they were trying to shove things down my throat. I'd also been to AT&T a month before and the same exact thing happened even though I'd said I wasn't spending money that day and I just wanted to know what my options were. 

I ended up going with AT&T because their prices were better. I know that being pushy is what sales people do, but I feel like once someone says they aren't buying and just want information that should be the end of it. I used to work at Gamestop and hours for part time employees are dependent on rewards card sales. I'd always ask 3 times, I'd ask them while they were shopping, once at the beginning of the transaction and then once more right before I totaled them out. I did that because I know how annoying it is when you say "no" but they keep trying. 

Anywho that's it lol 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Should have looked at Ting :P 

I know that feeling though, I hate trying to just ask for information with no intent to buy, making my intentions clear, and still being sold at every turn.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

Should have looked at Ting :P 

I know that feeling though, I hate trying to just ask for information with no intent to buy, making my intentions clear, and still being sold at every turn.

I looked at Ting sometime back and I recall it not being worth it to me.

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

I looked at Ting sometime back and I recall it not being worth it to me.

Ah, if you use a lot of data then it's usually not.

For me, I'm on WiFi like 95% of the day so I saved a bunch of money by going with them over Verizon and the other guys

(I hate that I have to pay so much for a single line!)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If I'm not looking to be sold something, I explicitly tell them to try to sell me something specific, and use a tone that heavily implies that 'better than you have tried.' 60% of the time, it works every time.

7 hours ago, mbryant said:

AT&T because their prices were better.

Family or business plan? Or is AT&T pricing different there? Where I live, AT&T is only cheaper for business plans and if you have 3+ lines.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I work in mobile sales for a third party and it's an extremely low pressure sales environment, and have contemplated working with AT&T multiple times. I keep stopping because I'm worried it's a significantly higher pressure environment than I'm used to. This is good to know.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

8 hours ago, Drak3 said:

If I'm not looking to be sold something, I explicitly tell them to try to sell me something specific, and use a tone that heavily implies that 'better than you have tried.' 60% of the time, it works every time.

Family or business plan? Or is AT&T pricing different there? Where I live, AT&T is only cheaper for business plans and if you have 3+ lines.

I'm paying 65 a month for unlimited data and 30 a month for the phone plus insurance.  

7 hours ago, Suika said:

I work in mobile sales for a third party and it's an extremely low pressure sales environment, and have contemplated working with AT&T multiple times. I keep stopping because I'm worried it's a significantly higher pressure environment than I'm used to. This is good to know.

I would say it probably is. I imagine these sales people arent actually incapable of listening and it is probably a shit environment by nature. They are probably forced to be so pushy 

22 hours ago, mbryant said:

So the first Cell carrier I had was AT&T but that was when my parents paid my bill so I didn't have to deal with it myself. I switched to Cricket about 2 years ago because of the price and no contract. I already had an iPhone so it was a great choice. A year after I switched I ended up switching to Android and bought a Zenfone 2. $300 was great for the phone. After a year I was tired of minor inconveniences with the phone that happened often enough to be very annoying. I wanted to buy a premium phone but since Cricket didn't offer monthly payments on phones I was S.O.L. So I decided to shop around and ended up looking at AT&T and Verizon. I went to a Verizon store first and when I went in I said "Hey I'm just looking around, this is what I'm looking for and I want to know what my options are and pricing" I was given all the info I needed and they didn't try to push a sale on me. I went to AT&T after and as soon as I walked in they were trying to shove things down my throat. I'd also been to AT&T a month before and the same exact thing happened even though I'd said I wasn't spending money that day and I just wanted to know what my options were. 

I ended up going with AT&T because their prices were better. I know that being pushy is what sales people do, but I feel like once someone says they aren't buying and just want information that should be the end of it. I used to work at Gamestop and hours for part time employees are dependent on rewards card sales. I'd always ask 3 times, I'd ask them while they were shopping, once at the beginning of the transaction and then once more right before I totaled them out. I did that because I know how annoying it is when you say "no" but they keep trying. 

Anywho that's it lol 

Should have look at TMobile :P 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Should have look at TMobile :P 

I considered it BUT, I went online and was looking at phones and there was a "How is your credit" box that had "Great, Average, and Poor" I chose average because I have average credit and I'd have had to put $500 down on most of the phones I'd have considered. Also my parents switched from AT&T to Tmobile and my dad says their coverage isn't nearly as good now that they switched 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

I considered it BUT, I went online and was looking at phones and there was a "How is your credit" box that had "Great, Average, and Poor" I chose average because I have average credit and I'd have had to put $500 down on most of the phones I'd have considered. Also my parents switched from AT&T to Tmobile and my dad says their coverage isn't nearly as good now that they switched 

There coverage can be so so in some areas. But there prices and Customer service I find to be awesome. Not to mention you get free shit every Tuesday with the T Mobile Tuesdays APP. As far as financing goes, I have excellent credit so I can just pay taxes on the phone and walk out of the store. Though I purchased my last device from One Plus so I have no phones financed except my sisters. Its very helpful to have the account holder having great credit. My sisters credit is shit, but the account in my name means she doesnt have to pay anything either. 

The only other piece of advice I can give is stay the fuck away from Sprint. Spent 4 years with them and I want those 4 years back. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

There coverage can be so so in some areas. But there prices and Customer service I find to be awesome. Not to mention you get free shit every Tuesday with the T Mobile Tuesdays APP. As far as financing goes, I have excellent credit so I can just pay taxes on the phone and walk out of the store. Though I purchased my last device from One Plus so I have no phones financed except my sisters. Its very helpful to have the account holder having great credit. My sisters credit is shit, but the account in my name means she doesnt have to pay anything either. 

The only other piece of advice I can give is stay the fuck away from Sprint. Spent 4 years with them and I want those 4 years back. 

Yeah I was told the customer service was awesome, honestly once I pay off my S8 I might just take it with me when I go back to cricket because I love cricket.