Working on a solution in Visual Studio with a friend simultaneously

AleksanderK

Is it possible to "share" a solution between 2 computers so that 2 people could edit it at the same time? Might be a stupid comparison, but it would be nice to be able to edit the code like editing a  Google Drive text file online.  Also, is it possible to do the same with a Unity project?

I use floobits but it only supports a few editors.

1LpS158.png

Edited by Apextier
fixed link

import { signature } from "./signature";

signature.display({ cpu"Intel i9 9900k @ 3.56HZ",  gpu"ASUS GTX 1080",  ram"32GB CORSAIR DDR4", motherboard"ASUS Z390-E" });

Note that I haven't needed this feature before so I haven't tried any of these options out myself. I'm just helping you Google. You'll have to look into them more yourself.

In terms of Visual Studio extensions, here are some I found

Cloud IDEs usually have this feature although I'm not sure how many out there have .NET support. One option I found was Codeanywhere which seems to suggest it supports .NET

6 hours ago, Apextier said:

I use floobits but it only supports a few editors.

Since it supports IntelliJ, it looks like it also supports Rider (their new .NET IDE) and presumably all their IDEs. At the very least I was able to install it in Rider but I don't have a floobits account to try it out.

Rider is free/discounted if you meet any of their criteria here.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:27 PM, madknight3 said:

Note that I haven't needed this feature before so I haven't tried any of these options out myself. I'm just helping you Google. You'll have to look into them more yourself.

In terms of Visual Studio extensions, here are some I found

Cloud IDEs usually have this feature although I'm not sure how many out there have .NET support. One option I found was Codeanywhere which seems to suggest it supports .NET

Since it supports IntelliJ, it looks like it also supports Rider (their new .NET IDE) and presumably all their IDEs. At the very least I was able to install it in Rider but I don't have a floobits account to try it out.

Rider is free/discounted if you meet any of their criteria here.

Oh I didn't know jetbrains released a .NET IDE that's pretty neat. If floobits works in Rider then that might be the solution to OP's problem.

import { signature } from "./signature";

signature.display({ cpu"Intel i9 9900k @ 3.56HZ",  gpu"ASUS GTX 1080",  ram"32GB CORSAIR DDR4", motherboard"ASUS Z390-E" });

I have found the best way to do this would be with GitHub.

Hello

Github, Unity collab, bitbucket, bittorent sync is all that I've used when programming with Unity, in my experience Unity collab is the best way to share projects across computers. Now if you want something like google drive functionality, I'm sure you can make a program that would read off of a file from google drive and write to .NET file on your PC effectively achieving real-time editing across computers.