Creating 18.5 : 9 Aspect Ratio in after effects

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

2220x1080 would be 18.5:9

We all know what the weird but cool aspect ratio Samsung has given us in there recent flagships, S8 & S8+ 

But coming to the problem I'm facing, I have some project to create related to this aspect ratio (18.5 : 9) and i have a saved project of 16:9 which i want to change to that aspect ratio. 

I can't figure out how I can achieve this.

When I change the resolution to 2280 x 1080, the aspect ratio comes to 19:9 and this is the nearest I can get. If anyone can guide me on this to which I shall be very thankful.

Peace <3

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 hours ago, RKRiley said:

I've tried that, It didn't work. I ended up using 19:9 at 2280x1080.

12 hours ago, StarboyXO said:

I've tried that, It didn't work. I ended up using 19:9 at 2280x1080.

Which version of AE are you using?  In AE you just create a new composition using the width and height which AE will show as being 37:18 aspect ratio.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

12 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Which version of AE are you using?  In AE you just create a new composition using the width and height which AE will show as being 37:18 aspect ratio.

I'm using AE Cc14 & yeah i did saw this aspect ratio. Can you explain me how this aspect ratio will resemble 18.5:9 ? 

Currently I'm using 19:9 and it's doing the job in my s8.

But it will be even better if I get it accurate. 

54 minutes ago, StarboyXO said:

I'm using AE Cc14 & yeah i did saw this aspect ratio. Can you explain me how this aspect ratio will resemble 18.5:9 ? 

Currently I'm using 19:9 and it's doing the job in my s8.

But it will be even better if I get it accurate. 

What's 18.5:9 multiplied by 2?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins