Windows Task Manager Slows System

Go to solution Solved by Ryois,
4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yah i have no clue. You could always try malwarebytes to see if there is any malware on the system. Clean windows install should fix it otherwise but that's a damn pain if you have a bunch of data 

I uninstalled this program called CAM https://camwebapp.com/ and that fixed it!

So when ever I launch Task Manager whether; CRTL+ SHIFT+ ESC, right click taskbar and click Task Manager, or CRTL+ ALT+ DEL and click Task Manager, it causes FPS drops, mouse lags out, and it stops responding. It is set to normal refresh speed and it is the more view than just open programs. I am on Windows 10 Home 1607, can't update to creators.

What CPU and RAM? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

What CPU and RAM? 

Core i7 6700HQ and 16GB of Samsung DDR4-2133MHz RAM

Just now, Ryois said:

Core i7 6700HQ and 16GB of Samsung DDR4-2133MHz RAM

Hmm seems strange, experienced a similar problem with my first gen Atom laptop, but not even that was to this extent. Sorry but not much I can help to be honest, maybe thermals? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hmm seems strange, experienced a similar problem with my first gen Atom laptop, but not even that was to this extent. Sorry but not much I can help to be honest, maybe thermals? 

No, no extra fan spin up or noticed over heating.

2 minutes ago, Ryois said:

No, no extra fan spin up or noticed over heating.

Yah i have no clue. You could always try malwarebytes to see if there is any malware on the system. Clean windows install should fix it otherwise but that's a damn pain if you have a bunch of data 

Builds:

Spoiler

I'll try running a scan, and yeah I have a ton of data and programs on this machine.

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Just now, Ryois said:

Awesome, nice that you got it fixed! 

Builds:

Spoiler