raspberry pi 3 network monitor website

Sir Asvald

Hello people. I've got a Raspberry Pi3 and I would like to use it to monitor my devices on the network by using web server. Anyone have any good tutorials I can follow or any videos? 

Thanks. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

What kind of monitoring are you afterDo you want to monitor the CPU/GPU/RAM usage? If they're even on? Their network activity? List goes on and on...

You could use:

https://www.spiceworks.com/free-network-monitoring-management-software/

or

https://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/

I used to use the manage engine one for a while but both are pretty good. I know the second one installs on linux, not sure about the spiceworks one.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

kaseya has some great software for that, but when you say raspberry pi i fear that's out of budget :D

i suggest looking into the ins and outs of SNMP, and finding a piece of software or some form of library to build upon it.

12 minutes ago, Jade said:

What kind of monitoring are you afterDo you want to monitor the CPU/GPU/RAM usage? If they're even on? Their network activity? List goes on and on...

Yeah. All the things you said. :P 

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You could use:

or

I used to use the manage engine one for a while but both are pretty good. I know the second one installs on linux, not sure about the spiceworks one.

Would it work on my Pi3? 

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

kaseya has some great software for that, but when you say raspberry pi i fear that's out of budget :D

i suggest looking into the ins and outs of SNMP, and finding a piece of software or some form of library to build upon it.

I would like some tool. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

i'll just say that kaseya's stuff is so pricy the cost of a rackmount server becomes neglible FAST.

this man seems to have some nice looking alternatives;

15 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You could use:

or

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Yeah. All the things you said. :P 

Would it work on my Pi3? 

I'm almost positive the second one from Manage Engine will.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

27 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I'm almost positive the second one from Manage Engine will.

Okay thanks! :D