DJI's "fun-sized" drone.. isn't that fun...

1 minute ago, BubblyCharizard said:

I remember this from floatplane.....it was like ages ago

Yeap we've had a ton of important releases lately that pushed this one out by like... 4 weeks :P 

Just now, nicklmg said:

Yeap we've had a ton of important releases lately that pushed this one out by like... 4 weeks :P 

gotta love that "early" access :P 

5 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

I remember this from floatplane.....it was like ages ago

I actually didn't remember it until I rewatched a bit it was so long ago lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

gotta love that "early" access :P 

they just need to rethink how they offset the videos, like instead of doing what they do, just push the video to the next day and shift all youtube videos by a day until they catch up and realign, but no they got this crazy always 1 week unless we have simultaneous release then bump it FOREVER till we catch a empty day to drop it into.

DJi dominating the drone enthusiast market? HAHAHAHA yeah right. Still a great vid though

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

they just need to rethink how they offset the videos, like instead of doing what they do, just push the video to the next day and shift all youtube videos by a day until they catch up and realign, but no they got this crazy always 1 week unless we have simultaneous release then bump it FOREVER till we catch a empty day to drop it into.

while i have no idea how they actually do things, i feel like a lot more thought goes into LTT's early access than you may think.

(comes to mind.. i'd be the kind of guy to buy floatplane and use video history data to reverse engineer their planning system,, just for fun :P)

Just now, Daniel644 said:
8 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

might work, but some of these videos might have a time that the "sponsor" wants it to go up, and they may not be able to push it back we could ask @nicklmg

1 minute ago, BubblyCharizard said:

might work, but some of these videos might have a time that the "sponsor" wants it to go up, and they may not be able to push it back we could ask @nicklmg

Much more complex than many people like to imagine :) 

And I realise Lindsey looks very attractive.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

The Spark is way overpriced. You can buy a Phamtom 3 for under $500 which is a much more practical drone.

Not as portable though. The really amazing thing about the spark is all the technology they managed to put into such a tiny form factor while still maintaining a 10+ minutes flight time.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

2 hours ago, dany_boy said:

Not as portable though. The really amazing thing about the spark is all the technology they managed to put into such a tiny form factor while still maintaining a 10+ minutes flight time.

But the Phantom 3 is more practical than the Spark

On 8/12/2017 at 2:40 PM, Max_Settings said:

But the Phantom 3 is more practical than the Spark

I have a Phantom 3 and sold it to buy the Spark. Sure in some ways the P3 may be better, but there's simply no contest in terms of practicality. I never used my Phantom becaus it was so big, heavy and loud. Now I use my Spark all the time. It's small - I can fit it in my coat pocket, it's light - I can even take it backpacking thanks to the USB charging, and it's quiet - no more paranoid suburban moms harassing me. The Spark is simply amazing.

So is no one concerned that they admitted to lying about the stability and ease of use?

It's defective because it bobbles around? Which shots are you referring to? Honestly it's fairly stable when it isn't windy out. The staged shots with both the P4P and Mavic? The turbulence caused by the two would have the Spark freak out, that's why. The selfie shot was done under manual control to convey a point. Nothing's wrong with it. Actually, we were even supposed to get a second unit from DJI but we never got it, which also played into why it took so long for our review to come out (the other part was scheduling on Youtube, it's been out for a while on Floatplane).

That's from Alexandre Potvin in the comments. Frankly that's unacceptable, and unless I see some serious evidence otherwise I'm never going to trust LTT again.