Threadripper build - My new ram was taken off support list?

Hey guys, I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I am currently awaiting the last parts of my Threadripper build to get here. I am curious about the new ram I just reprieved today, and I am wondering if it will make a huge difference if it is no longer on my new board's support list.

I know in most cases Ram on a support list doesn't mean much, as most ram will work without a hiccup as long as it's the right type. Here is the motherboard I am using for Threadripper 1950x:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145030&cm_re=gigabyte_x399-_-13-145-030-_-Product

I went to Gigabytes official page for that board and went through the support lists. I specifically copied and pasted the model number for a 32gig G. Skill ram kit from that list, and punched it into new egg.com, and placed an order for it. Here is the kit:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232482&cm_re=F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR-_-20-232-482-_-Product

I noticed yesterday that Gigabyte took down the memory support list off the motherboard's page. I thought that was kind of odd. So this morning, the ram kit gets delivered, and I decided to go back to the site and see if the list was there today. It was. I downloaded it, and my kit along with a few others I looked up are no longer on the support list.

I see on the motherboard Specs page, the memory standard is DDR4 2667/ 2400/ 2133. The kit I got today is PC4 25600. Is this going to be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 minute ago, dogetorhue said:

Usually it will run fine at stock speeds but you will have to configure your own XMP if you want to go faster than 2133

Thanks for the reply! Now this is where I start to get confused... I thought XMP was only an Intel thing? I have been asking question about this on other forums. I am NOT an overclocker. I have never done it. I get to freaked out about it, and even more so now that I have Threadripper which is a $1000.00 chip. I have XMP profiles loaded on my current Intel 6800k, but Threadripper is an AMD chip.

I guess I am still confused about DDR 4 ram....

XMP is just an Intel standard for holding the profile that controls memory timings. Any new bios will support it.

I would not expect it to be an issue. Although proper etiquette dictates you should use the QVL I've never had any issue buying any kit of RAM for any motherboard so long as it was the correct DDR and the motherboard supported the stick density/speed. I always buy G. Skill out of preference too. I'd be hard pressed to believe you'll have any issues.

15 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I would not expect it to be an issue. Although proper etiquette dictates you should use the QVL I've never had any issue buying any kit of RAM for any motherboard so long as it was the correct DDR and the motherboard supported the stick density/speed. I always buy G. Skill out of preference too. I'd be hard pressed to believe you'll have any issues.

Thanks for the reply, but what about the xmp ordeal? Isn't that how I will get the fastest performance from the ram?