Dual Psu settup

What do I need to do to make a dual psu mining rig work ? thx for answer

It should, just make sure you use good psus though.  If you use cheap no names just to get up to 800w for cheap your gonna fry those $400 580s.  As for actually making it why would you want a dual psu set up over say two separate systems?

I am using 7 1080 ti's  so I need multiple psu's.

26 minutes ago, Niasd said:

Wooooooaaaahhhhhhhhh. 1080ti's? In a mining rig? When everyone knows the bubble is going to burst except the miners who keep buying into the idea of a money making machine? 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

Wooooooaaaahhhhhhhhh. 1080ti's? In a mining rig? When everyone knows the bubble is going to burst except the miners who keep buying into the idea of a money making machine? 

as long as it keeps going for a month or two longer i think he'll make his money back, but still it's a gamble.

1 hour ago, Niasd said:

https://www.amazon.com/Vantacor-Dual-Adapter-Cable-2-way/dp/B00DL3L2J6

You're going to want something like that to jump both your psus.  Beyond that I don't think that you need all that much to get going here, with the wattage's you need for both power supplies it would be pretty hard to find a crappy psu.  With some napkin math the max your 7 card could pull at any given time is ~2100 watts, add some instability for the use of two psus and the voltage droop you may experience from trying to pull over two kilowatts from your wall you're probably going to want two 1500 watt supplies.  Without knowing the quality of your wiring I don't know if you would want to cut those psus any lower.

Of course thats the max power draw possible, I don't know what they'll actually pull when mining etherium.

1 minute ago, alextheaverage said:

Of course thats the max power draw possible, I don't know what they'll actually pull when mining etherium.

Most cards use much less when mining. I could very comfortably bring down my core clock and voltage on my 1060 while giving a very nice memory OC. I sit at about 60% power usage (so 60%X120w) 

It won't pull as much as during gaming

47 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Most cards use much less when mining. I could very comfortably bring down my core clock and voltage on my 1060 while giving a very nice memory OC. I sit at about 60% power usage (so 60%X120w) 

It won't pull as much as during gaming

So looking by look at toms number we get a more reasonable 2100*0.6=1260, that's a lot more reasonable

10 hours ago, alextheaverage said:

So looking by look at toms number we get a more reasonable 2100*0.6=1260, that's a lot more reasonable

Well my card is also basically a silicon lottery winner and I would really advise that OP has a good but more PSU than they need.