How or where can i learn to draw?

Amateur Gamer
2 hours ago, Minibois said:

With your first point, I hope you mean draw from real life references and not from anime show references.

I was referring to anime show references.

But both ways work. It's just, y'know, style.

5 hours ago, AniJan said:

I was referring to anime show references.

But both ways work. It's just, y'know, style.

If you learn to draw anime before you know how to draw actual humans, you are going to copy the mistakes the artist is making.

Actual mangakas and anime artists study real life a lot, to understand how to draw anime.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Would you like to draw Dragonball and complex art that would drift more towards anime characters?

https://www.youtube.com/user/YairSassonArt

I understand this is way too advanced, but he does in depth step by step videos and if you slow them down to 0.5 on Youtube, you can actually keep up with his fast forwarding videos.

You might just be able to draw some wicked characters by following his guidance, which is great since he is one of the best if not the one above other Dragonball or anime artists in general.

You need to learn how to properly observe and analyze things and translating the information your eyes provide into movements of your hands. So you should start with sketching/drawing things from reference. It might be boring but start simple. You can use your stretched out arm and a pencil as a sort of ruler. The stretched out arm is important to be consistent. Try to sketch easier shapes (meaning: less complex and prefarably non-round objects – they are another story). Try to sketch a pile of books for example. You can't expect to just go from 0 to 100 in no time – that's not gonna happen unless you're one in a trillion. Talent alone will only give you an easier start. You HAVE to PRACTICE. If you can't motivate yourself you won't succeed. It's just that simple. 

Want to learn to play the piano or guitar? Practice! You want to speak another language? Practice! You want to surf? Practice! Everyone (!) had to start at some point in their lives. Leonardo da Vinci hat to learn his craft and train his skills as well. Noone who actually put effort into learning something will laugh about you because they all know that we all have to start at zero. People who do make fun of you do so because they've never tried and therefore never failed. Failing means you've actually made a step forwards, you've tried something new. It's part of the process. The only way to never fail is to never try.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

What do you guys think about tracing real images? Can that help me get better?

Or should i just try to look at an image and copy it as best as i can?

It's definitely easier this way so i kinda doubt that it helps but i might as well ask.

Spoiler

5993370c6a651_Painter2017x64_2017-08-15_19-57-35.thumb.png.719e869285f56131ce2a86a7f5bf3177.png5993370f0ced4_Painter2017x64_2017-08-15_19-58-09.thumb.png.ecb420148421cada694d7b9fc644131a.png