How do I control my stock intel fan?

jsj0891

Is there any way to set the fan curve for my intel stock fan? I'm running a Gigabyte H110M-A motherboard. I just want to lower the curve a little. When I set the BIOS CPU fan control setting to "Silent", my fan will run quieter but when it reaches 65+ degrees it goes up to max speed (3000 RPM). I'm getting 35C on idle and <70C on load. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, jsj0891 said:

Is there any way to set the fan curve for my intel stock fan? I'm running a Gigabyte H110M-A motherboard. I just want to lower the curve a little. When I set the BIOS CPU fan control setting to "Silent", my fan will run quieter but when it reaches 65+ degrees it goes up to max speed (3000 RPM). I'm getting 35C on idle and <70C on load. Thanks.

Does the BIOS have a manual option in the dropdown where you select silent? If so you can customize your fan curve that way, but mind you It may not matter as CPU temps may climb up higher the less aggressive you make your own fan curve, and could lead to throttling.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

3 hours ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

Does the BIOS have a manual option in the dropdown where you select silent? If so you can customize your fan curve that way, but mind you It may not matter as CPU temps may climb up higher the less aggressive you make your own fan curve, and could lead to throttling.

No there is no such option. 

Gigabyte isn't the easiest with fan controls. If you have option to set desired temp and max temp, play around with those. You should also have option so use SIV (Gigabytes windows software, System Information Viewer) which can do curves, but is known to be buggy. So best overall option would be Speedfan. Its hard to setup at first, but works really well once done.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Gigabyte isn't the easiest with fan controls. If you have option to set desired temp and max temp, play around with those. You should also have option so use SIV (Gigabytes windows software, System Information Viewer) which can do curves, but is known to be buggy. So best overall option would be Speedfan. Its hard to setup at first, but works really well once done.

I downloaded SpeedFan but for whatever reason it does not detect any fans.