Long story. Need help. watercooled pc

Okay. so in the very beginning in last december i decided to build my first pc. which would be a watercooled pc because i felt if i was going to go all out with a 3000 dollar computer i was going to do it amazingly. so i bought the graphics card first, the power supply, and then ram. then gradually i bought the items for the watercooling. the radiator pump res and all the fittings. however i had miscalculated how many fittings i needed and got those. then i realized i needed a drain port and waited 2 more weeks for the ball valve and 3 way splitter to come in. afterwards i figured out the heat gun i needed to bend the tubing was actually forwign ans did not go into the us outlets. so i ended up buying 2 different adapters because the first adapter ended up being the wrong one. keep in mind its already been 2 months by now and its already into this year. fed up with it i bought a new heat gun which worked perfectly. i bent all the tubing and worked out my loup. i put on my cpu into the motherboard which i bought that month, installed it into my case. then i installed the water block onto my gpu, and put it into the motherboard along with the ram. everything all good. my fans that are on my case (the tower 900 is the case name by thermal take) were put into fan splitters (every 4 fans into one fan header) and i had 8 fans. so i plugged 2 4 pin fan headers into my motherboard through the "chasis fan" slot and another one which i cant remember but definitely not the cpu fan header. anyways i then installed my pump and reservoire which i mounted sideways (sort of like project liberty from jpmodified on yt) and all seemed well. i mistaked the motherboard for being dead because when i hit the power button the power supply did not turn on. (dont ask me why i did that before filling the loup, im an idiot) and so i took everything apart and bought a new motherboard which i installed. and then i did it again and nothi happened. so i figured it was the poqer supply that was fauty so i sent it in and ended up getting a new powersupply that actually ended up working so i guess it was the power supply and so at this point i had 2 motherboards. anyways i hooked the jumper cable to the end of the motherboard power supply cable to re-enact pressing the power button. however my pump would not work. and confused as to why i tried evrrything in my other post on this website which i will link after this story. after buying a new pump figuring the old pump was dead t turned out the old pump worked perfectly fine and it was all because the wiring of the pump was wrong. so at this point i had 2 perfectly fine pumps. anyways i plugged it in and after tons and tons and TONS of minotonous work i got the wiring of the molex from the pump to work with the power supply periferal cable and filled up my loup with coolant. oh how happy i was after 5-7 months of waiting for this computer to bebdone with the problems and just use it. after almost filling it up. i realized that there was a leak in my loup!! one of the pipes from my RADIATOR HAD BROKEN WHILE SCREWING IN A DAMN FAN! so after 3-4 days (plus rushed shipping) i got a new radiator. took apart my loup and installed my radiator instead. now the loup was finally finished. or so i thought. the guy who had called me on skype to help me with the pump had told me now that my loup could not be filled all the way due to how it originally was since my reservoire was not able to be filled all the way because of how my loup was set up and i needed to reconfigure the pipe going from my gpu to my reservoire. so i did just that and was able to fill up my reservoire through the top of it after putting my case on ts side. everything was finally coming into place. but now i realized my GPU BLOCK WAS LEAKING!!! ONE OF THE PORTS WERE FAULTY!!!! my gtx 1080 water block was leaking. and its still leaking as i type. i have not taken apart my loup. because i put a small paper towel under the port thats leaking from my gpu block and said f*** it and plugged everything into everything! the motherboard plugged into my motherboard my cou my ssd my gpu. everything i plugged it all in and hit the start button. a red light from my motherboard (asrock extrme4 x99) lit up and i got a black screen onto my monitor. my monitor is pkugged into my graphics card. my 600$ graphics card. its giving a signal because my monitor isnt saying "no signal" like it usually would. but its just pitch black. not a light grey. just black. i searched up everything about it and people told others who had the same provlem to take out the ram and see if the motherboard beeps. mine didnt. not sure why but it didnt. so i plugged all my ram in and now here i am. writing on this forum 8 months later. braindead no chromosomes and everything. here i am. my heart hurts. everything hurts. someone help. what am i doing wrong this time? also forgot to mention when i sent in my power supply that one time they sent the wrong package and i ended up gettig a gpu. so i had to send that back. and also when my pump wouldnt work i had to wait 7 days for a ghetto peripheral cable from amazon. then i waited another 7 days for a real peripheral cable that was suppose to come with my pau but didnt. so now here i am. now what do i do? do i lie down and die? what now? i have a red light on my mobo and my gpu hdmi output is pitch black

My heart goes out to you, take the gpu out and clean it using a toothbrush (NEVER USE IT AGAIN) and some 99% isopropyl alcohol 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Also plop some pics of the gpu here please.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

well first bench test the machine without the loop installed and use stock aircoolers. only after the machine is confirmed working do you assemble it with water cooling componenets. 

and fyi if your loop leaks , don't turn the damn machine on , thats bush league 

Formatting would prevent this from being just a wall of text

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

Formatting would prevent this from being just a wall of text

for those that don't want to read the text wall,

He built a water cooled pc , it leaks , and it won't post. 

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

My heart goes out to you, take the gpu out and clean it using a toothbrush (NEVER USE IT AGAIN) and some 99% isopropyl alcohol 

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

It sounds very complex, so I would recommend taking all the parts out of the case and eliminating errors one by one. It's okay to have the CPU and/or GPU out with just a waterblock for short periods of time.

also worth mentioning that my keyboard is plugged into mobo however doesnt light up or such

my head hurts everything hurts. i have to take everything out again and clean my gpu with isopropyl alcohol to see if it will work? so it is definitely my gpu then?

2 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

tl;dr

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

for those that don't want to read the text wall,

He built a water cooled pc , it leaks , and it won't post. 

thank you :D

at OP: that sucks  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, chowderblue said:

i have to take everything out again and clean my gpu with isopropyl alcohol to see if it will work? so it is definitely my gpu then?

well bench test the machine first and make sure it's the gpu.

although chances are if you aren't getting any beep codes or error lights for the memory not being installed in the board then there's a problem with either the board/cpu/power somehow

if the board and cpu work correctly then it will let you know that it has a memory error when there's no memory installed.

tl;dr

after millions of complications and solving errors. sending stuff in, getting stuff back, customer support, buyig new parts that arent even broken, buying new parts for parts that are broken. reconfiguring my loup. not being able to do things. more complication. i am now where i hit the start button and i get a black screen on my monitor which is pkugged into my gou. none of the fans turn on hats plugged into the mobo.

is there someone i can call to just do this stuff for me? are there people that do this kind of stuff or can help me with this specific problem? who do i call? i just want it to work

we just told you what to do

assemble it without the gpu and ram installed with a stock air cooler , check to see if the board gives a beep code or an error light for the ram. If it does , then you can move on from there , if it doesn't then something is wrong with the board/cpu/power supply

I read the books worth of text. Quite tragic. I think the issue is you bit off more than you could chew. You went into a very highend project without all the necessary knowledge. I'm not trying to bash on you I'm just saying why you're here now.

Before you begin a large watercooling project you should always verify that everything works before installing all the blocks and radiators. (I didn't read if you did that or not.)

Also does your system only use 4 sticks of RAM? If so 2 of them are in the wrong slots. You're not getting quad channel performance.

You lasted longer than I would have. I would have been emotionally dead less than a month in. To go through the rest would have been hell for me. If it's leaking around the thread then you probably need to either reseat the O ring or tighten the fitting more. Hand tight is tight enough. If it's still leaking replace the O-ring. If it's leaking from the joint, replace the fitting altogether. If the GPU block itself is cracked...well...that's a lot bigger headache.

Black screens...I'd probably start by fixing the ram arrangement if you're not using all 8 dimm slots and remove 4 for some reason.

Make sure the GPU is getting power.

Is the BIOS throwing any specific error codes?

Reset CMOS.

Try another GPU. It might not be the GPU.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I read the books worth of text. Quite tragic. I think the issue is you bit off more than you could chew. You went into a very highend project without all the necessary knowledge. I'm not trying to bash on you I'm just saying why you're here now.

Before you begin a large watercooling project you should always verify that everything works before installing all the blocks and radiators. (I didn't read if you did that or not.)

Also does your system only use 4 sticks of RAM? If so 2 of them are in the wrong slots. You're not getting quad channel performance.

You lasted longer than I would have. I would have been emotionally dead less than a month in. To go through the rest would have been hell for me. If it's leaking around the thread then you probably need to either reseat the O ring or tighten the fitting more. Hand tight is tight enough. If it's still leaking replace the O-ring. If it's leaking from the joint, replace the fitting altogether. If the GPU block itself is cracked...well...that's a lot bigger headache.

Black screens...I'd probably start by fixing the ram arrangement if you're not using all 8 dimm slots and remove 4 for some reason.

Reset CMOS.

thank you its kind of soothing seeing progressive posts like these. and yes its been nearly 7-8 months. No i didnt check if the gpu worked before installing the water block. where do i install the ram then? i will attach a picture of how it is now. and finally how do i reset the cmos?

and thank you for reading it, very sorry for ranting

3 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

thank you its kind of soothing seeing progressive posts like these. and yes its been nearly 7-8 months. No i didnt check if the gpu worked before installing the water block. where do i install the ram then? i will attach a picture of how it is now. and finally how do i reset the cmos?

and thank you for reading it, very sorry for ranting

8 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Reset CMOS.

IMG_4549.JPG

38 minutes ago, emosun said:

if the board and cpu work correctly then it will let you know that it has a memory error when there's no memory installed.

how would it do that? there would be beeping?

Just now, chowderblue said:

how would it do that? there would be beeping?

my motherboard did not beep at all however its an asrock extreme4 x99 and thhe only thing i heard click is the power supply when i hit the power button. i dont think its a faulty motherboard as its the second motherboard i bought.

4 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

where do i install the ram

If your motherboard is like any other workstation quad channel motherboard you'll want to occupy the four black slots (alternating the outermost slots). There's 2 on either side of the CPU. This enables quad channel memory...although the bandwidth is so high unless you're doing VERY memory intensive things you'll probably notice no performance difference but you went X99 you might as well take advantage of the feature.

The easiest way to reset CMOS is to pull the cell battery from the motherboard for a little while and put it back (making sure power to the system if off before doing so), the motherboard should also have a 3 pin jumper that resets CMOS but it's tiny and you'd have to consult the motherboard manual to find it. Though to be honest I don't think it's the issue unless you've done some overclocking and it's unstable.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

If your motherboard is like any other workstation quad channel motherboard you'll want to occupy the four black slots (alternating the outermost slots). There's 2 on either side of the CPU. This enables quad channel memory...although the bandwidth is so high unless you're doing VERY memory intensive things you'll probably notice no performance difference but you went X99 you might as well take advantage of the feature.

The easiest way to reset CMOS is to pull the cell battery from the motherboard for a little while and put it back (making sure power to the system if off before doing so), the motherboard should also have a 3 pin jumper that resets CMOS but it's tiny and you'd have to consult the motherboard manual to find it. Though to be honest I don't think it's the issue unless you've done some overclocking and it's unstable.

do i. need a tool to remove the battery? and is there a video showing to do it?