What does LTT do with all the Electronics they get??

iMario

Hi, I'm just wondering, since LTT gets many many electronics every month, and obviously, don't have enough employees to use all the parts, what does LTT do with all the parts?

I understand that they stash many of them but what about the duplicates, and not 2nd and 3rd I mean 7th and 8th.. I may be wrong but for the number of builds, tests they do they must have a ginormous amount of duplicate parts( I mean, how many i7-7700Ks they've used!!, or GTX 1080s!) so I'm curious to see what they do with the parts, electronics.. 

Or, I could be completely wrong and they only have 1 or 2 of each!

If there is a similar thread, please tell me so and I'll delete this one..

Thanks!

Unless they have specific sponsored videos and/or projects in which to use certain systems and the parts you speak of, most of the time I'd venture to say, they're re-using a processor, or whichever part it is, in different builds/videos that they've used previously. Once the video is done with, it's disassembled again and they're free to store it until they need it again.

You also have to keep in mind, they're keeping parts from different generations. If they decide to test something or come up with a script for something related to a previous generation of parts, they'll need to have some of that stuff on hand to make it easier. Granted, they will buy some things to ensure a video can be made, but it's useful to keep a lot of that on hand, and which is why they have someone who runs the warehouse, and inventory system to keep track of everything.

I think the answer is pretty obvious, they drop them.

Jokes aside, unless it's something they're getting sent for review then have to send back, they're likely just storing it in the warehouse for when they might need it again.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

basically everything gets reused. they really only have a couple extras laying around, and those get swapped in and out of test benches or system builds that they later take apart

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

They will really only have 1 or 2 per thing, after making the video they take the PC apart, so they don't need 10 7700Ks or whatever.

If they do have like 8 of a thing, they might sell it. I think on Craigslist or Gumtree or whatever they posted the 8 Fury Nano cards they used in 'how ever many games how ever many cpus'

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oh ok that's good to know.. I lowkey wanted me sum gear :(xD