Enermax Fans for Asus crosshair VI hero

Tech Learner

I want to buy some Enermax twister pressure case fans for my phanteks enthoo pro m tempered glass case. But here is the question that is bothering me. Will Enermax fans work with my Asus crosshair VI hero motherboard or do I need to plug them into a phanteks fan hub?

2 minutes ago, Tech Learner said:

I want to buy some Enermax twister pressure case fans for my phanteks enthoo pro m tempered glass case. But here is the question that is bothering me. Will Enermax fans work with my Asus crosshair VI hero motherboard or do I need to plug them into a phanteks fan hub?

Yes it's a standard PC fan so it will work without any problem. As for the hub that just depends on how you have your setup configured, if you want to directly control it via your board then hook it up without the hub. 

@W-L Thank you. That question has been nagging me all week long in my head. Now I have no worries and I'm going to buy a three pack of Enermax.

13 hours ago, Tech Learner said:

@W-L Thank you. That question has been nagging me all week long in my head. Now I have no worries and I'm going to buy a three pack of Enermax.

Asus has excellent support for fan control. So you are fine with both 3pin and PWM fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Tech Learner said:

@LoGiCalDrm Yeah doesn't Enermax fans have 3 pin on them?

I don't know. Usually there are both models.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, Tech Learner said:

@LoGiCalDrm Okay I will do some more research on my end. Let me know what you find out okay.

No need to do that for me :) I was just on mobile for the weekend and can't really view sites efficiently. TwisterPressure fans are PWM. Says right on specs. But Enermax has other fans that are only 3pin. I would say they have also fans that come with both 3pin and PWM. I just don't have time to check every model for connector type.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Tech Learner said:

@LoGiCalDrm Okay I was making sure cause I'm buying an Asus motherboard and I need to make sure it's compatible.

They are compatible regardless. Its just about how fans are controlled. Though some mobos advertise 4pin headers but those aren't true PWM. So its actually mobo manual you would be checking to see if it supports both PWM and DC control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm Never mind. I read up on the specs of the fan and the motherboard and they are both compatible. I guess I was worried over nothing.