Sapphire Introduces RX Vega 64 Graphics Card Lineup

4960X

2.jpg

Sapphire today announced the launch of the Radeon Vega 64 graphics cards. The Vega architecture boasts significant improvements focused on maximizing the performance. Vega cards are designed for enthusiasts seeking top-of-the-chart framerates in games of today and tomorrow - in Ultra details and VR.

Sapphire is introducing three Vega-powered models:
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 Liquid Cooled
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 Limited Edition

http://www.relaxedtech.com/news/2017/sapphire-introduces-rx-vega-64-graphics-card-lineup/

I see manufactures are releasing only reference designs. The cooling performance is going to suck.

Just now, 4960X said:

I see manufactures are releasing only reference designs. The cooling performance is going to suck.

I suspect the custom coolers will come later.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Sweet, finally no more DVI! :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

I like that robot. And yeah it's September for custom coolers. 

The robot reminds me of the newer wolfensteins but more like 1980 or 2000 if Wolfenstein ever takes place in that era.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

My dvi monitor whimpers....

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

>Still has dvi only monitor

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, Aelar_Nailo said:

My dvi monitor whimpers....

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

>Still has dvi only monitor

I have one too, but someone has to move first.  Monitors keep coming out with it so GPUs come out with it and it's an endless loop.  Someone has to break it and just say "no, DP from now on"

an HDMI to DVI adapter is like < $10 :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have one too, but someone has to move first.  Monitors keep coming out with it so GPUs come out with it and it's an endless loop.  Someone has to break it and just say "no, DP from now on"

Makes sense, converters exist and whatnot. Also, I really want more than a TN monitor.... Well, I will consider that after I get a 1060.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

9 minutes ago, 4960X said:

I see manufactures are releasing only reference designs. The cooling performance is going to suck

Asus is releasing their Strix cards for 56 and 64 in sept. 

For fucks sake AMD, break with tradition and come up with a stock cooler that isn't blower style.

-In addition to a blower style because I know they have their uses.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

All are only 8GB cards? Did I miss the info somewhere or is 8GB the limit consumers are getting? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

20 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

All are only 8GB cards? Did I miss the info somewhere or is 8GB the limit consumers are getting? 

Would you need 16GB? HBM even at 4GB performed better than 4GB of DDR5.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

For fucks sake AMD, break with tradition and come up with a stock cooler that isn't blower style.

This isn't as bad as Hawai's 95 degrees C.

The fan is a bit bigger and Vega dissipates it's heat a bit easier.

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think some of them might even come with adapters. Obviously this is just speculation but I think it is quite possible.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

I think some of them might even come with adapters. Obviously this is just speculation but I think it is quite possible.

Cards used to always include a DVI to VGA, and while HDMI -> DVI is a little more involved, doesn't mean they couldn't still do it.  That said, I'd almost prefer they didn't.  The easier they make it to keep this port around, the longer it will take to go away.  Plus you'd be paying for that whether you need it or not... idk, there's pros and cons to either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

Would you need 16GB? HBM even at 4GB performed better than 4GB of DDR5.

I would not no, but I know people that would. And if they are trying to compete with only 8GB when their competitor had 12 GB last year, it is not good. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I would not no, but I know people that would. And if they are trying to compete with only 8GB when their competitor had 12 GB last year, it is not good. 

thing is even for 4K AAA gaming today it doesn't come close to requiring even 8GB of VRAM. So even in the unlikely scenario that 4K gaming VRAM requirements increase drastically in the next 2 years Vega still has breathing room...

it's different to the time when Nvidia was pushing 2GB graphics cards as high end... It was easier to predict that it would be a problem soon.

55 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

The thing is, with the bandwidth of HBM2, you don't need as much RAM as with GDDR5.  So as I understand it, 8GB HBM2 would easily be comparable to 12GB GDDR5.

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

-In addition to a blower style because I know they have their uses.

They have, the liquid cooled one.

10 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I still use it for two of my displays... No DVI = not for me... Adapters and new cables would be expensive 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

In store its like $50 here -_- shipping from eBay or Amazon takes 3 weeks lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

GG to the guys using korean 1440p monitors(including me), we can't exactly switch to other connectors unless we find an active DP to DVI adaptor with native 1440p support.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W