*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRIGREBOOT

#Asus

This is my entry, and I would love it if I could come down to the studio to build a PC with Linus. I have been watching his videos for over 2 years, with the very first one I saw being the 'PC Build in a Fridge'. I was just getting into PCs at that time, and this was an insane idea to me, so I decided to watch the video. That is where I first started, and have been watching him regularly ever since! I appreciate the contest, and I would like to thank both ASUS and Linus for this opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Zobits said:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EWQy4ikNiM0

Sorry its a little beyond the one minute, Best of luck to everyone!

I hope to some day have the resources to edit video like the hilarious editors at LTT. This was edited on an iPad Pro of all things....luls. 

Thanks for producing all the great content LTT team. Been going to that linus university for a while now. 

When you have an iPad Pro and a (Probably) expensive drone, but don't have money for a pc

27 minutes ago, Revenshee said:

It isn't really cheating if they don't break any rules within the contest and one of the judging categories is "Story" so I suspect that they actually want this kind of video made, where its not about the person's actual main rig but about how unique of a video they can make. But I'm not Linus so I can't say for certain who and what he wants out of this contest. I can say for certain though I haven't seen any rules broken by anyone who did this kind of thing so I don't really blame them for doing it. Ultimately Linus (and whoever on the LTT staff that is judging) can decide who they really want to select as the winners.

Winner selected also based on hardware, so he gives himself higher chance of winning by showing a crap computer from his garage while he is using another one...
if he shows his computer that he is using everyday in the video It's not a problem, but to lie to Linus to make his chance higher, it's not fair.
I can also go to my garage or something and bring a crap computer more than the one that I’m using & lie to Linus to make my chance higher...
but it's not fair to anybody else!!!
I never did this & I will never do these things, I’m not a cheater.

Just now, oferk99 said:

Winner selected also based on hardware, so he gives himself higher chance of winning by showing a crap computer from his garage while he is using another one...
if he shows his computer that he is using everyday in the video It's not a problem, but to lie to Linus to make his chance higher it's not fair.
I can also go to my garage or something and bring a crap computer more than the one that I’m using & lie to Linus to make my chance bigger...

I'm not saying that I don't see where everyone is coming from, it'll just be dependent upon if LTT decides that having a higher end PC and entering this breaks the rules or not, the one thing I really don't want to see is someone who has the money to buy a higher end computer end up winning this when there are others who made very interesting videos who didn't win. We'll find out when they actually decide upon the winners though.

1 minute ago, oferk99 said:

if he shows his computer that he is using everyday in the video It's not a problem, but to lie to Linus to make his chance higher it's not fair.
I can also go to my garage or something and bring a crap computer more than the one that I’m using & lie to Linus to make my chance bigger...

not only that, everyone is showing ultra low end PCs, so the people that actually do use them have their chances hurt. How does the king of PC tech channels have no fans with mid range computers. 

1 minute ago, MarcVez said:

not only that, everyone is showing ultra low end PCs, so the people that actually do use them have their chances hurt. How does the king of PC tech channels have no fans with mid range computers. 

a lot of us don't have the money because we are under 16 and don't make money.

Just now, Creeper_Killer12 said:

Ive been there, a while ago now, but i remember my dad doing work in exchange for a pentium 2 for me because he couldn't afford to buy me one and back then if a kid showed talent with PCs, you nurture it because it was a big deal. 

Best of luck to those who have bad PCs, i'm not against those entries, but i feel like half of them are a load of BS. Some vids even show the person breaking the machine, really someone is gonna break their main PC for a video. lol

7 minutes ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

Speak for you, others are in countries where making a pc is more complicated