*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot

Specs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Mini#Specifications

I'm lazy

why I should win the ROGrigreeboot 

I cant play any games I can't even watch youtube I had to use my brother's computer to watch the video

Games that I can play:

Chess

Games that I can not play:

Everything but Chess

Benchmarks 

I can't I have the worst pc there is....

Creativity

that's the video's sake

22 minutes ago, Luis Fernando Fanjul said:

Hi this is my entry for the #ROGrigreebot. Sorry if my English is bad, I live in Mexico and I hadn't talked English in a long time. :)

I didn't include this in the video, Google chrome takes over a minute to open :/

Sorry if the video is late, I had stuff to do over these weeks.

If I win I will practice my English more.

Porqué no está encendida la pc?

Here is my entry for the #ROGRigReboot

Hope you enjoy and best of luck to everyone else!

I really hope you meant 6pm Pacific time, please don't punish me cause my computer is slow

#ROGRigReboot

Wish I could enter this without a video since all I have is a cell phone to shoot with.I could use something newer than my old AMD Phenom II 1055 and my feeble Radeon 5670 card.

Okay I hope this isn't too late because when I read 6 PM I automatically thought in my time (mountain). Here is my finished video :) #ROGRigReboot

Edited by Myles Pribeg
Needed to add credit to someone in my video

2 hours ago, NavyGuy2007 said:

That's disgusting. I wonder how many people here did the same thing, bust out some piece of crap that's been collecting dust in the closet for years and make a sob story video about it. Sad part is you'd probably never know, meanwhile these jack wagons, who would probably just sell it anyways run the risk of taking it from somebody that could legitimately use it.

Honestly i don't think LMG ever planned to pick the worst computers, that's why they asked for many criteria, i have an athlon xp my girls use for netflix, but i'd rather lose and stay home than BS my fav youtube channel, fly down there and look them in the eye afterwords.

Here's the link I need to entry good luck to all the other entries

Sorry if I'm late when i read 6pm I think 6pm in Wisconsin not 6pm in Surrey 

Desktop
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K@4.3Ghz | MOBO: AsRock Pro3+ FM2A88X | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X Dual Fan | RAM: 1x8GB HyperX Fury (Stock: DDR3-1866 OC:DDR3-2133) | 
GPU: Gigabyte Mini RX560 4GB | Storage: Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS | Optical Drive: LG BD-RE WH16NS40 | Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 w/ Window

Peripherals:
Monitor: Element something BS (Its Trash) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech MK710 | Headset: Logitech G933

Laptop:
Gigabyte Aero 15x v8-bk4
CPU: Intel i7-8750H | RAM: 1x16GB | GPU: GTX 1070 8GB Max-Q | Storage: 512GB NVME m.2 SSD

Peripherals:
Monitor: FHD 144hz IPS display (Integrated) | Keyboard: (integrated) | Mouse: Logitech G6028 | Headset: Logitech G933

1 hour ago, MildSauce said:

First time ive ever done anything like this so fingers crossed.

#ROGRigReboot

with a 7400? I think 900% speed is a *bit* of an over-exaggeration

36 minutes ago, TeknozFR said:

#ROGRigReboot

Sorry for the editing, I did it last minute and it's crap but I literally got that idea at 2:30 AM today in my shower so...

Good luck man 

Desktop
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K@4.3Ghz | MOBO: AsRock Pro3+ FM2A88X | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X Dual Fan | RAM: 1x8GB HyperX Fury (Stock: DDR3-1866 OC:DDR3-2133) | 
GPU: Gigabyte Mini RX560 4GB | Storage: Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS | Optical Drive: LG BD-RE WH16NS40 | Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 w/ Window

Peripherals:
Monitor: Element something BS (Its Trash) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech MK710 | Headset: Logitech G933

Laptop:
Gigabyte Aero 15x v8-bk4
CPU: Intel i7-8750H | RAM: 1x16GB | GPU: GTX 1070 8GB Max-Q | Storage: 512GB NVME m.2 SSD

Peripherals:
Monitor: FHD 144hz IPS display (Integrated) | Keyboard: (integrated) | Mouse: Logitech G6028 | Headset: Logitech G933

11 minutes ago, MarcVez said:

Honestly i don't think LMG ever planned to pick the worst computers, that's why they asked for many criteria, i have an athlon xp my girls use for netflix, but i'd rather lose and stay home than BS my fav youtube channel, fly down there and look them in the eye afterwords.

I could have used my wife's off the shelf HP from Office Max but decided to be honest. Heck she's trying to get me to just replace my PC with one like hers!

6 hours ago, WilltheLemon said:

Have you tried....GARY'S MOD!!!! Okay I'll leave...

Glad you liked it : )

hopefully more people see it the same way xD

This is my shitty 750 ti i5 4430 PC video. Cable management wasn't a thing back then right?

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot Contest Entry

This is my entry for the #ROGRigReboot contest. Had a blast with this. Went a little passed the minute mark, hopefully that doesn't disqualify me. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I hope I become a winner. I've never been to Canada, and a PC is just what I need to upgrade my Twitch Streaming Career. 

20 minutes ago, Acidicfly said:

#ROGRigReboot

I'm not sure if I'm late

Not late yet. 30 min till done.

I know I might seem like a show-off with this monster gaming machine, yet I figured I would give this contest a shot anyway. This hulk of a computer packs an extra 4gb of upgraded memory raided from my grandmother's old laptop. This pimped-out Terminator houses an AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics. And when we talk speed, this tricked-out puppy speaks for itself: the dual-core processor clocks in at 1.70GHz and it always gives its all, running at almost 100% capacity most of the time; in the video you will see the Usain Bolt of all computers and think to yourself, man I want one of those. Sadly, I cannot give this bad boy away, as the granny mods have made it a custom, one-of-a-kind family heirloom. As my backup rig, I'm hoarding an HP Pavillion 23 all-in-one, which met its unseemly end, as you will see in the video. 

5 hours ago, oferk99 said:

^ It is 100% fake ^

He has 100% good PC, he took his old one from the garage or somthing to make Linus think he has an old one with windows XP.

how do I know that!?

look at this video from his channel:

This person have Windows 10, with Steam (up, near the recycle bin)...
his PC totally does not match his video of the giveaway, so he tried to cheat us...

watch out for this cheaters, Linus.

It isn't really cheating if they don't break any rules within the contest and one of the judging categories is "Story" so I suspect that they actually want this kind of video made, where its not about the person's actual main rig but about how unique of a video they can make. But I'm not Linus so I can't say for certain who and what he wants out of this contest. I can say for certain though I haven't seen any rules broken by anyone who did this kind of thing so I don't really blame them for doing it. Ultimately Linus (and whoever on the LTT staff that is judging) can decide who they really want to select as the winners.

Just now, Aruku said:

30 minutes left.

Actually there is a lot more, the video submission deadline is at 6. but the actual draw is later this week.

Sorry its a little beyond the one minute, Best of luck to everyone!

I hope to some day have the resources to edit video like the hilarious editors at LTT. This was edited on an iPad Pro of all things....luls. 

Thanks for producing all the great content LTT team. Been going to that linus university for a while now. 

#ROGRigReboot