*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter
6 hours ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

IS this your video?

=  )

On 8/13/2017 at 5:08 PM, AidanGlickman said:

My entry for #ROGRigReboot:

#ROGRigReboot

^ It is 100% fake ^

He has 100% good PC, he took his old one from the garage or somthing to make Linus think he has an old one with windows XP.

how do I know that!?

look at this video from his channel:

This person have Windows 10, with Steam (up, near the recycle bin)...
his PC totally does not match his video of the giveaway, so he tried to cheat us...

watch out for this cheaters, Linus.

As you can see, my PC is very great. Its a 2012 MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Its so fast that it can barely run its own display.

Full Specs:

Intel Core i7 3615 @ 2.3 GHz

NVidia GT 650m

8GB of RAM

256gb Flash Storage

On 11/08/2017 at 2:16 PM, Vernw3 said:

i get 4 fps on cs go i def need a new pc 

no you do not i have a office pc that can run csgo at 30 fps so I think your lying 

11 minutes ago, Mackenzie Hayball said:

I agree

Did you just agree with yourself?

Just now, antimattertape said:

it's looks like yes

1 minute ago, antimattertape said:

I didn't even notice that

More In-Depth Specs: (HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1234)

Intel Pentium G840 - 2 cores 2 threads runs at 2.8 GHz

H-CUPERTINO-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) - I have no idea who makes this

6 GBs DDR3 1333 MHz RAM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated Graphics (DX10.1)

750 GB Hard Drive 7200 RPM

220W Power Supply

LG Flatron E2422 - Has no HDMI or DisplayPort I still use VGA

Benchmarks:

CPU Cinebench: 166 cb

OpenGL: Gave an error and wouldn't run the benchmark

Subnautica: Lowest Possible Settings - 1 FPS

Portal 1: Lowest Settings - 24 FPS

BeamNG.drive: Lowest Settings - 12 FPS

Unturned: Lowest Settings - 20 FPS

Slime Rancher: Lowest Settings - 6 FPS

Rocket League: Lowest Settings - 12 FPS

I got this PC 5 years ago. (This thing is so old it has no USB 3.0 ports no HDMI and no DisplayPort. I still use VGA for monitor connection) Back then it was trash but I didn't have another computer so I used it anyway. I'm still using it because I don't have another computer and it is still terrible. I can't play any games without a horrible frame rate and also can't run Unreal Engine 4 at all because it freezes and crashes all the time. I have also tried to stream and my computer crashed. It crashes a lot. I was trying to play Terraria and it crashed with the error "Cannot read from the hard disk" (I eventually fixed it). I would love to have a new PC so that I can play more games with my friends who are constantly spamming my with "Wanna Play Rocket Leauge?" and also make games of my own. Thank you for reading my post.

#ROGRigReboot

My gaming rig is approximately 6 years old, i have been upgrading the parts as i go along to keep it going as i dont make much money due to taking care of my parents and helping out my sister where i can with her college.

#ROGRigReboot

The Current Specs are posted as an image. but i will list them here as well
Mobo: Biostar TP55 LGA1156
Ram: G.Skill Value Ram 4x4GB 1333
PSU: EVGA 500 Watt Bronze
CPU: Intel Core I7-860 OC'ed to 3 GHz
HDD: 2x1TB, 1x2TB, 1X3TB
SSD: 2x240GB Silicon Power SSD's
Case: Thermaltake Midtower case

Let's see, the games i CAN run will only run at about 45 FPS, like fallout 4 at medium settings, and even then there are some areas in the game that i am unable to run even that high. Diablo III runs insanely fast at 120FPS. Prey will run at about 50FPS. My gaming computer can only run games at medium or low settings unless they are older, in which case games like Skyrim are able to be ran on ultra. Skyrim, NOT Skyrim SE.

Let's see, the story behind my gaming rig is pretty simple, it started out as a core i3 system with 4 gigs of corsair memory, running an ASUS 512 MB geforce 210 GPU, had a 1TB western digital green hard drive all by its self. over the past year i have been doing what i can to keep it going. one of the reasons i am unable to sink much money into a new gaming rig is because i help take care of my parents, my mom and dad are unable to work, my dad has had 2 spinal surgeries in his neck. and my mom has trouble breathing, she is on oxygen. As a result, i spend most of what i make on bills. I am not complaining about having to take care of my folks, even though i am 25, i know where my priorities lie. That is being taking care of my parents, and helping out my sister where i can, my sister is putting herself through college. sure, i wish things could be different. i wish my parents did not have the issues that they do. Not because i fell it is a burden in any way, but because i do not want to see them suffer. If I were to win this, i will be giving my current gaming rig to my mom who is running a intel core 2 duo machine with a evga 650 ti and 4 gigs of ram. I hope you consider me in the contest. thank you for hearing me out on this even though i am pretty sure someone else deserves this.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Mackenzie Hayball said:

no you do not i have a office pc that can run csgo at 30 fps so I think your lying 

I can't even play csgo

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

1 minute ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

I can't even play csgo

Stink. I've got a friend who can get about 20fps on his laptop, but I think that's with the lowest settings possible. Did you make an entry?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, oferk99 said:

^ It is 100% fake ^

He has 100% good PC, he took his old one from the garage or somthing to make Linus think he has an old one with windows XP.

how do I know that!?

look at this video from his channel:

This person have Windows 10, with Steam (up, near the recycle bin)...
his PC totally does not match his video of the giveaway, so he tried to cheat us...

watch out for this cheaters, Linus.

That's disgusting. I wonder how many people here did the same thing, bust out some piece of crap that's been collecting dust in the closet for years and make a sob story video about it. Sad part is you'd probably never know, meanwhile these jack wagons, who would probably just sell it anyways run the risk of taking it from somebody that could legitimately use it.

#ROGRIGREBOOT

This is the actual PC I have used day to day for 8 years. It's a hand-me-down that I bought from my father for $600 after he used it for a year. I've tried overclocking and pushed the Phenom to 3 ghz but that required changing BCLK.

I would like to start video and music production, and currently use it for CAD despite terrible lag. I straight up can't run any modern games, and had to edit this on a friend's computer because seeking the timeline was too laggy.

Specs:

Phenom x3 8750 2.8 ghz

nVidia Geforce 9500GT 512Mb

Kingston Ram 4gb DDR2 800

Regarding the fraudulent entries, I made a remark about it in my own entry. There are a lot of people in this contest that just dug out some ancient PC from storage and pretended it was their main rig. A lot of them are pretty obvious, like the one linked where they clearly have enough money to buy a completely lavish setup with multiple monitors but somehow are only running windows xp on a single-core celeron. Or when it seems believable but then they destroy the PC at the end of the video. Hopefully the reviewers of the vids can spot the BS and actually do take more than specs alone into consideration, like the contest rules says they will.

a little update:

Here is the short version <60s (if that matters a lot... i don't know :-)

and here the original one in a single take: (turn subtitles on...)

Now I hope this makes Asus and LMG smile a little... and a ticket to ROG-Paradise :-)

P.S

People asked:

1. "Why are the cars in Rocket League moving if Winnie-the-Poo is on the controller => FAKE!" ...  Well the secret is simple: I put tape on the acceleration button :-) 

2. "That is totally fake there is no space in that little case for a vaccum cleaner!" first of all it is a  *Binford 3000 super hoover* and second: The vaccum is behind the little curtain... i simply pulled the tube through the case... look closer you'll see it ;-) 

I hope so. I know I probably wont get picked because lets be honest, my video is not that creative, just some goober on a cell phone (LOL!) but at least its honest! And it doesn't help the chances when there's a flood of fraudulent entries from people looking for something to sell.

20 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Stink. I've got a friend who can get about 20fps on his laptop, but I think that's with the lowest settings possible. Did you make an entry?

Yes

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

On the regard of fraudulent entries, i think that they should not win, although there are some people that will go to great lengths to get a new pc. But on that note, it is debateable wether laptop counts as a “crappy PC”

Just now, Arshon Bozorgi said:

On the regard of fraudulent entries, i think that they should not win, although there are some people that will go to great lengths to get a new pc. But on that note, it is debateable wether laptop counts as a “crappy PC”

To me crappy pc is a pc that can barely run games or internet

21 minutes ago, raccoontwos said:

Regarding the fraudulent entries, I made a remark about it in my own entry. There are a lot of people in this contest that just dug out some ancient PC from storage and pretended it was their main rig. A lot of them are pretty obvious, like the one linked where they clearly have enough money to buy a completely lavish setup with multiple monitors but somehow are only running windows xp on a single-core celeron. Or when it seems believable but then they destroy the PC at the end of the video. Hopefully the reviewers of the vids can spot the BS and actually do take more than specs alone into consideration, like the contest rules says they will.

The link doesnt work mind sending it to me via dms, i want to see what it looks like.