*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot 

Worked since the contest video was uploaded. Hope it does the job. If not, then congrats to the winners

:)

LINK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPNvAANIu_E&feature=youtu.be

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KPNvAANIu_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a intel core i7 4720hq 2.6ghz boost to 3.6ghz with GTX 960M(That thermal throttles). It is really outdated since its equivalent to a 750ti. I can get 60fps on rocketleague but like 30fps in Assassins Creed Unity and Cities:Skylines.I really need a new Gaming PC so I can do my gaming videos on my channel. (I have a really shitty camera). Thanks for having this offer for us even if I do not win.

HNI_0024.JPG

#ROGRigReboot

If you're interested, my real setup is a 2013 MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, Intel Iris 1536 MB), which is about as good at gaming as this candy computer. Because my Mac has a stroke just trying to load a game, I mostly play on my equally ancient PS3. It would be so nice to be able to play Battlefield 1 and Dishonored 2, or maybe a little FIFA if I'm feeling athletic.  

#ROGRigReboot

Hey guys this is my PC- Mercy. she was my first entry into PC gaming, and I haven't really turned back. it was really fun building a PC for the first time. Sadly she has been starting to slow down and lag behind.  
My specs are- 
GPU: Ge-force Gtx 950
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 core processor 
MOBO: GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0)
Memory: 8g's of DDR3 ram
HD: 1tb

#ROGRigReboot pwes pek me I try very haaar to make goood. Really though I have been watching your channel for quite a while now and I love it. You were one of my inspirations for building a PC and I really like the content you put out. I just made this account for the giveaway (that is why it is so young) it is not a spam account I had just never went to your forum before. Here is the video: 

Not my meme

#ROGRigReboot

So, my Q8300-based rig is almost nine years old, and I haven't had the finances to be able to rebuild the old gal in a while. She's feeling a bit long in the tooth. The R7 370 I tossed in her a few years ago is woefully crappy, and I managed to scrounge up a 60 GB SSD. 6 GB of RAM caps it off. When I'm trying to game (ugh) or edit any videos (even more ugh), I want to throw it off the roof more often than not. But, dat sexy case. (My only new piece in years - at least it can look nice!).

Enjoy.

2 hours ago, taylortheshort said:

#ROGRigReboot

If you're interested, my real setup is a 2013 MacBook Pro, which is about as good at gaming as this candy computer. 

This was great. Thank you

#ROGRigReboot

Did my best to explain why I needed a new pc. I wish everyone good luck and have fun making videos for this giveaway. Cheers!

#ROGRigReboot

Sorry for the weird rendering error, its only for the first clip

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvExXjKVnlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for watching

Just now, Tennon said:

#ROGRigReboot

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvExXjKVnlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for watching

??

#ROGRigReboot

Thanks for watching

3 hours ago, taylortheshort said:

#ROGRigReboot

If you're interested, my real setup is a 2013 MacBook Pro, which is about as good at gaming as this candy computer. 

well, looks like we all just lost hahaha. that was amazing.

#ROGRigReboot

I am a broke ass University student and use my computer for video editing, building websites and gaming. It struggles to play new games at the lowest settings with reduced resolution. It also has terrible timeline performance with 1080 footage.

My Rig:
CPU: Intel i5-3340 3.1ghz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 4000 (2010)
Ram: 6gb 1333mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Power Supply: Corsair 750 watt power supply 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Peripherals:
23” Apple Cinema Display (2008)
Apple Bluetooth keyboard
Logitech G600 mouse

All the footage in the video was taken with my Moto G4 Plus Android phone. I mounted it to a tripod with the cardboard packaging from an external hard drive.

5997b19414537_tripodsetup.thumb.jpg.a78ca05ac07d02edbbe1847b420d4177.jpg5997b1a87c184_Web19201.thumb.png.173a451b6b27faece945c30eef4833bb.png5997b1aa35926_Web19202.thumb.png.5e6fa79c71f3b03d28905a835ad46de2.png

Hey Dennis and Coworkers,

#ROGRigReboot

I used to play games like TF2 and SuperMeatBoy on an Intel Core 2 Duo Laptop. The monitor cable broke in it so I used it for a while with an old monitor that I modded with Luke's privacy monitor video. It completely stopped outputting video one day so I reverted back to this really old laptop my mom used to use.

The 1.4 GHz Single Core 32-bit processor with no dedicated graphics has me lagging even with watching YouTube.

Some games I really want to be able to play:

Rocket League

GTA

SuperMeatBoy

Binding of Issac

TF2

It would be a dream to build a system with LTT and Asus, I hope you appreciate my efforts and try to look past the poop editing.

Also shout out to my boy Eddie for supplying his laptop to be used for editing, Jonathan for letting me throw him out of a car, and Kevin for his sick camera handling as I threw Jonathan out of a car.

GODSPEED

#ROGRigReboot

Dave from Dallas, TX

Old Optiplex having been a Frankenstein's machine for years.
Pentium E5200 (2.5GHz)

4GB DDR2 RAM

8800 GTX died, now back to GT 430

Can play Half Life 2, few other Steam games, and emulators... but not GTA5 or CS:GO.

And good luck to everyone else!
Jealous of some of y'all's current rigs and video editing skills!

I have a feeling that for most of these entries, people grab their worst electionics in their household, make a sob story, and apply. I'd like to do that too if my Lenovo 500s 14-ISK (ideapad) with a 14" FHD, Model number 80Q3 running Windows 10 (64-bit) with a Intel i7-6500U with 8GB Ram and 256G SSD rocking a Intel HD Graphics 520 didn't get taken by my dad.

Oh well, from previous contests, I've learned that I never really won anything.

I agree

Just now, Nukesplosion said:

I have a feeling that for most of these entries, people grab their worst electionics in their household, make a sob story, and apply. I'd like to do that too if my Lenovo 500s 14-ISK (ideapad) with a 14" FHD, Model number 80Q3 running Windows 10 (64-bit) with a Intel i7-6500U with 8GB Ram and 256G SSD rocking a Intel HD Graphics 520 didn't get taken by my dad.

Oh well, from previous contests, I've learned that I never really won anything.

More than that I find it sort of ironic that a lot of these people only have 1 post. That post being their entry to this competition.

Looks a biiiiit good. but doesn't run shit. its a ricer build. lol. 

the bad fps is a result of a broken Radeon GPU, so I'm stuck at my intel HD AMAZING graphics

even the SSD is ripped off the laptop when I bought it. USED 

don't think the monitor I'm using is good either, I got it for 40 bucks Canadian 

its can easily compete with the Nintendo 3ds

#ROGRigReboot

How do I post my submission? Through this forum here as an attachment? 

1 minute ago, Jthrash said:

How do I post my submission? Through this forum here as an attachment? 

Publish to youtube then post link here

#ROGRigReboot

Processor: AMD Phenom X3 8400 (Tri-Core, Up to 2.1 GHz)
Memory: 3GB Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM 667 MHz
Hard drive: 640 GB (2 x 320 GB) 
Video graphics: EVGA GT 730