New DSLR/Mirrorless

PB3
6 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

For a beginner like you, a $500ish entry level camera with the basic kit lens.  Spend the rest of your budget on courses.

If we step back from the gear and consider the whole picture here (no pun intended), this is true.  You'll get much better results with a $500 camera and $500 in education than a $1000 camera and not a clue how to use it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If we step back from the gear and consider the whole picture here (no pun intended), this is true.  You'll get much better results with a $500 camera and $500 in education than a $1000 camera and not a clue how to use it.

My $1,000 budget does not include courses ;)

4 minutes ago, PB3 said:

My $1,000 budget does not include courses ;)

Well that's good.  Tbh, you could learn on anything capable of capturing video, you'll just get nicer results with good gear :P  You could spend a lifetime trying to become the best videographer in the world, but just start with the basics for now :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 hours ago, PB3 said:

Depends how much Christmas money I get, but what's the best general camera for video that I can get for $500? Again, it kind of all depends on what happens with working/Christmas money.

you can get a Panasonic g7 with a kit lens. It is 597 dolars

PCs: Dell XPS 15 9560 and Asus ROG GR6

Cameras: Sony A6500 + 18-105 f/4 and Canon 5DM2 with 24mm pancake lens

Personally I'd say the Sony a6300. The panasonic G7 would struggle in AF and low light compared to the A6300 but has slightly better video features but nothing that would make it a better option imo in the 1000 pricerange. 

Lenses would be about the same in price but the m4/3 have more options. However Sony seems to be pushing new lenses kinda quick and for a begginner there is more than enough lenses. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"