No signal when connecting monitor to motherboard I/O.

I'm not sure why but whenever I try to connect my monitor to the ports on the back I/O of the motherboard, i always get no signal.

However as soon as I connect my monitor to a graphics card, the monitor produces a signal and works instantly.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the monitor gets a signal from a GPU but not from the I/O connection on the motherboard itself.

The issue is, that i'm trying to build an old system, but i can't actually progress with the build because the monitor produces no signal on the motherboard I/O. And i need the GPU for my main system for gaming.

This is my old motherboard if you're wondering.

What chip are you using in the board?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

What chip are you using in the board?

Do you mean the actual chipset? Or the CPU?

usually the BIOS automatically switches to dedicated graphics when it detects a graphics card. so it should work when you take out the graphics card, then it should switch back to internal graphics

Just now, GR412 said:

Do you mean the actual chipset? Or the CPU?

the CPU

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, stefanDB said:

usually the BIOS automatically switches to dedicated graphics when it detects a graphics card. so it should work when you take out the graphics card, then it should switch back to internal graphics

i tried that, but with no luck.

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

the CPU

Well I tried both an i7 3770s and an i5 2500k, those are the only cpu's that i had for that motherboard.

Just now, GR412 said:

enter the BIOS, maybe there is a setting somewhere. if you find it then set it manually. also, reboot the PC when you take out the GPU.

1 minute ago, GR412 said:

well are you sure u have a cpu with Intergrated gpu like Intel HD or Radeon hd/r5/

3 minutes ago, stefanDB said:

enter the BIOS, maybe there is a setting somewhere. if you find it then set it manually. also, reboot the PC when you take out the GPU.

I can't enter the bios with no signal, and it's way too much hassle to keep switching out the GPU from my main rig. I did it once to see if the bios loaded, but I don't wish to keep doing it unless theres no other way round it.

Just now, thomas gameris said:

well are you sure u have a cpu with Intergrated gpu like Intel HD or Radeon hd/r5/

I think so I'm sure the intel i7 3770s and i5 2500k both have integrated graphics.

Just now, GR412 said:

I can't enter the bios with no signal, and it's way too much hassle to keep switching out the GPU from my main rig. I did it once to see if the biois loaded, but I don't wish to keep doing it unless theres no other way round it.

I can't think of any other way. but I am not an expert, and it seems like this motherboard has some kind of GPU boost, which only makes it more complicated.

Just now, GR412 said:

I think so I'm sure the intel i7 3770s and i5 2500k both have integrated graphics.

yea they do well what about the motherboard

2 minutes ago, GR412 said:

I can't enter the bios with no signal, and it's way too much hassle to keep switching out the GPU from my main rig. I did it once to see if the biois loaded, but I don't wish to keep doing it unless theres no other way round it.

I think he means put the GPU in, hook the monitor to it and then go into bios and check the integrated graphics settings.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I think he means put the GPU in, hook the monitor to it and then go into bios and check the integrated graphics settings.

I know exactly what he means, my point was that's a lot of hassle to keep taking out the GPU from my main rig. But if thats the only way, then i don't have a choice it seems.

The 3770 should have Intel HD Graphics 4000 onboard graphics. So it "should" work.

I wonder why someone you suggest entering the BIOS with a GPU installed, while you didn't get any signal. That's just stupid and/or retarded.

You should be able to enter the BIOS with the GPU installed. There should be some options to activate/disable the iGPU. (onboard graphics) After you've switched them settings, it "should" work. Might want to look up your manual.

Resetting BIOS/CMOS should also be an instant fix, especialy when you've got your GPU removed.

With the graphics card installed, boot into BIOS and reset it to default. Then try without the gpu installed.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

3 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

With the graphics card installed, boot into BIOS and reset it to default. Then try without the gpu installed.

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

The 3770 should have Intel HD Graphics 4000 onboard graphics. So it "should" work.

I wonder why someone you suggest entering the BIOS with a GPU installed, while you didn't get any signal. That's just stupid and/or retarded.

You should be able to enter the BIOS with the GPU installed. There should be some options to activate/disable the iGPU. (onboard graphics) After you've switched them settings, it "should" work. Might want to look up your manual.

Resetting BIOS/CMOS should also be an instant fix, especialy when you've got your GPU removed.

Yeah i think my only option is use a gpu to enter the bios then reset as you both suggested. That's a last resort really because it's a pain. Well i'll let you know how i get on tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.