Good Free 8k Video Player?

My PC has a GTX 1060 an i7 6800k @4.2ghz and 16gb of ram, when i play an 8k download video of an 8k YouTube video, the Movies and TV app on Windows 10 plays it back choppily, are there any media players that are free, can handle 8k, and support better use of my GPU? I tried Davinci Resolve 14 Free, but I don't know if it supports 8k as it can only export in up to 4k. Are there any free 8k editing softwares? No, I don't have a RED 8k Camera, just curious to see if my PC is up to the task of 8k video playing and rendering and scrubbing and all that.

Thanks and Yes i've seen the RED Rocket Video.

do you have an 8K display?

because the answer to that question is no, and that also explains why even 4K content consumption is still not as mainstream as it could be, let alone 8K.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

do you have an 8K display?

because the answer to that question is no, and that also explains why even 4K content consumption is still not as mainstream as it could be, let alone 8K.

Nope, don't have that either. Just would like to try to play 8k... That's all.

6 minutes ago, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Thanks and Yes i've seen the RED Rocket Video.

The Red Rocket card doesn't accelerate HEVC or h.264, it's for REDCODE only, so it wouldn't help you anyway. o.O

Just now, SkylakeAlex6700k said:

Nope, don't have that either. Just would like to try to play 8k... That's all.

here's the thing; if it has no real world application, there is no sensible developer that'll make it.

Just now, manikyath said:

here's the thing; if it has no real world application, there is no sensible developer that'll make it.

I see.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

then uplay woudn't exist

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

then uplay woudn't exist

steam worked.

i didnt say there should only be "one" of them, what i said is that a type of application isnt developed until there is a purpose for them.

1 minute ago, BubblyCharizard said:

VLC usually does a good job with decoding videos on the fly, but at 8K, it'd be pointless

VLC is actually a pretty bad performer at 4K

Just now, manikyath said:

VLC is actually a pretty bad performer at 4K

works fine for me...it mostly depends on the codecs you have installed

I do usually change some advanced settings to change the length of buffer

I would recommend K-Light Codec pack! Would help out a bunch. Use either Media Player Classic (included and configured with K-Lite) or any media player of your choice. Other things to keep in mind, make sure that hardware acceleration is enabled in the settings of your media player. VLC does also support GPU acceleration if you were wondering.

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs