PSU upgrade and some more

Hello everone, how are you?

I`m in dilemma. Should I upgrade my cpu cooler or my psu?

Specs: q6600, hd 6570, msi g41m-p28, 3.5 hdd, 2.5 hdd, 12cm fan running on 5v instead of 12.

PSU : ZEUS 500w with 24 amps on 12v rail (kind of no name psu)

The beginning

I hate noise that my pc makes. Main noise maker is psu. It has 60 or 80mm exaust fan that runs on 12v at max power. Other little helper is intel 775 stock cooler for Celerons (half height). Cpu runs at 70 to 90 degrees Celsius under load. It throttles when it gets to 93 deg Celsius (I tortured it under cinebench and aida). My bios is not latest and in never bioses it is stated that cpu throttling is improved but I don`t want to brick my mobo by flashing bios or by missing power from the wall.

My budge is around 25 bucks and I`m from Serbia.

The most popular psus In Serbia is Lc cower lineup ( they are german and they make other pc related stuff). In the last few years new company came into the market: NJOY.

Now since my budget is 25 bucks I can buy some low end psu from either of them. Here you go, my choice:

THE FIRST : LC600H-12 V2.31  20 amps on 2 12v rails, 8 pin and 6 pin

THE SECOND : NJOY 500WGX  20 amps on 2 12v rails,  8 pin

*THE THIRD : DEEPCOOL DE480-BK   25 amps on 12v single rail, 8 pin

A word about this Deepcool one. This one has lower power output, right?

The catch

Lc power has maximum (peak) rating, so it is not representing real world and continuous output.

NJOY has no reviews so I don`t know if it is peak or continuous (lc is the most popular psu here so it has a heap of comments about it, they say that it is good, but some say that it is bad).

Deepcool has lowest amperage, but it has single rail (if they say so). My psu has 24 amps on 12v rail. But if I spend money on psu I want a little upgrade not just noise reduction. I`m not too optimistic about deepcool BUT who knows, maybe it has the most realistic output of these three. I read in comments that people ran some crazy stuff on lc but it is all in Serbian.

Now let`s get to the cpu.

I tested to see (or hear, who knows) the noise of the intel stock coller. It runs at 100%. It is audible, kinda, but it makes noise higher pitched (idk if I made it with pitch, i`m not native speaker).

I want to upgrade my gpu first, it is probably smarter to preserve some of that c2q. I can buy lc-cc-120. It is in range of hyper 212 evo. There is no direct comparison but there is comparison with aidor and aidos is compared against evo. Lc cooler is about 20 bucks.

And finally conclucsion.

I can buy only one thing, psu or cpu cooler. I would like some better psu but I don`t have the money. Cpu coller will probably serve me for years but there is still noisy psu for one more year. If I get some used gpu, and my friend is willing to sell me his hd 6970 for 40 bucks or less I will need some pretty good psu for both q6600 and that hd 6970. Lc power has pcie 8 and 6 pin, but who knows if it has what it takes to run these two. And one more thing. Many said that Lc has thin cables.

If you made it, thank you. I would appreciate your honest opinion. Let`s ROLL.

Edited by Hojoh
If i forgot something or made something unclear sorry, this is second time that i`m writing this.

2 hours ago, Hojoh said:

PSU : ZEUS 500w with 24 amps on 12v rail (kind of no name psu)

Make a picture of the PSU Label and post it here pls.

2 hours ago, Hojoh said:

Now since my budget is 25 bucks I can buy some low end psu from either of them. Here you go, my choice:

Stay away from those.

And I can't really recommend used PSUs because the price of those are just way too high to be worth it.

When you see people buying some ~15 Years old Topower Garbage where you can be sure that the capacitors are blown...

The same is true for other units. With 25 Bucks, you can't buy a good unit...

BUT:

here is a PSU I'd recommend for that money. You have to be in Germany though...

And it's an earnest 300W (gold) unit for 14,95€

https://www.pollin.de/p/atx2-3-computers-schaltnetzteil-fortron-fsp300-60ega-300-w-80-plus-gold-703292

That's the only decent one for 25€ I can imagine. And better than anything you mentioned, even if it is used...

For anything better: You need at least 10 bucks more, probably more...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

What do you recommend from that 10 bucks more?

And what do you think about deepcool one, is it honest in amp ratings?

I have no idea what's avaiable where you live...

Where are you from??

My normal reccomendation in this price range would be somthing like an FSP Hexa+.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

What is available in your area?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Sorry for late reply.

Here you go http://www.eponuda.com/kompjuteri-napajanja-cene

Let`s say that 1200 dinars equals 10 euros or bucks. 

I bought cpu cooler. It is lc-cc-120 and it is great.

Since i spent my money you can reccomend some higher end that i will buy later.