BlurBusters to show pictures of the world’s first full-color 480 Hz capable LCD monitor

Aytex

2017-07-24-04.38.09.jpg

The forum site Blur Busters has the Viewpixx 1440Hz DLP, which is a 4k 120hz panel. Also LCD. The panel itself probably downscales on 480hz

In its basic DIY kit format, you'd be very surprised! 
(Fancy preassembled will be more $$$ though)
Also, it's 4K 120Hz. Which is quite fine for desktop use.
High-Hz modes run in reduced-resolution.
We have received a prototype 480 Hz monitor at Blur Busters. Sent to us in kit form, we are now currently testing — and an article is coming out shortly.

- Full-color 480 Hz capable
- LCD
- 4K 120Hz
- High-Hz modes run in reduced-resolution
- No "official" VRR support though the panel technically (unofficially) supports FreeSync (not tested yet)
- TN
- 28 inches
- No overdrive
- Strobing supported at lower refresh rates

Sauce http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3512

But... why?

47 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But... why?

The question isn't why. The question is why not?! Push for performance

Seriously I think this might be faster than the maximum human capacity to transfer the image to the brain then send back the electrical signal to the hands.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Seriously I think this might be faster than the maximum human capacity to transfer the image to the brain then send back the electrical signal to the hands.

Let's say a brain can do max of 240hz for example, would human brain process a 480hz monitor differently because we saw a UFO Test but in fact we can only see 240hz?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Let's say a brain can do max of 240hz for example, would human brain process a 480hz monitor differently because we saw a UFO Test but in fact we can only see 240hz?

Probably but because of the perceived advantage: I think this already happens a bit for everyone who is not a top of the ladder professional player: If you think you have an advantage you will be more confident and if you think you have a disadvantage you will loose said confidence. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

51 minutes ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

Okay... progress for the sake of progress? In my personal experience, anything above 144hz has very little perceivable difference... and what game can even run at 480FPS? As far as I am aware, most game engines just don't support refresh rates that high.

Also, I am fine with 60Hz so... I'm not the target audience.

CS:GO... Obviously!

54 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It isn't but here's a very good thread about that 

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=333#p3006

1 hour ago, RotoCoreOne said:

The question isn't why. The question is why not?! Push for performance

exactly its done in with music/sound by far

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I think its all about timing of what the is being viewed, many might not notice anything in a quadrant but you may because you were more focused there while others focused in center and vise versa

which effects the overall smoothness

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I'll just post this here :

Go to 4:45

You will understand how human eyes CAN see difference between 60 hz 120 hz 144 hz 240 hz and probably also 480 hz

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

28 inches...sigh.  They should just stop all development on anything that is < 30 at this point.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

28 inches...sigh.  They should just stop all development on anything that is < 30 at this point.

Smaller screens are nice for OSU! but for any other game I prefer my 32" 1440p(i just run osu at 1080p windowed so it's like a ~20" or something) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

It's not all about the size, its also about what you can do with it.

In my opinion I am ok with it. the faster they can display images the more life-like it becomes. If they could keep the resolution up at that refresh rate it would be great.

or a panel that covers 100% of the CIE 1931 colorspace. 

14 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You have to keep in mind the 480hz mode is prob only 1080p

4 hours ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

Also, I am fine with 60Hz so... I'm not the target audience.

you're "fine" with 60Hz the same way you're "fine" with a HDD boot drive an the same way you're "fine" jerking off. You think you're fine till you try something better and then it's like a revelation and you think to yourself  

"where has this monitor/ssd/prostitute been all my life?"

You will never again be "fine" going back to that old shit afterwards.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Didn't we already see this days ago?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Guys.... high refresh has less to do with seeing it and having the chance to see things sooner. You guys need to stop saying stupid stuff like "humans can't notice the difference". That isn't the freaking point, when the screen refreshes faster you see things sooner on the screen that you would have, ever been shot turning around the corner because you didn't see the enemy yet, that's because the screen didn't refresh in time. Stop saying stupid stuff you don't understand the purpose for.

Now as for the monitor, I think this is what Linus just reviewed on floatplane. It's 480hz at like 480p or something like that. Most games won't even refresh fast enough for 480hz lol.

2 minutes ago, suits said:

Now as for the monitor, I think this is what Linus just reviewed on floatplane. It's 480hz at like 480p or something like that. Most games won't even refresh fast enough for 480hz lol.

CS:GO does go up to 400ish FPS if you have a good GPU and CPU Overclocked like hell.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Just now, Terodius said:

CS:GO does go up to 400ish FPS if you have a good GPU and CPU Overclocked like hell.

Yeah there are a few. I don't think most of them play at really low resolution though. Linus said it was 240hz at 1080p like the other super high refresh panels.

It's a DLP projector, not a monitor.

And it is " Up to 1440 Hz refresh rate (Greyscale) " whatever that means.

Which again it is a DLP projector not an LCD panel.

And no information on the DLP. Is it using 1 chip, 2 or 3? Ideally you want 3 for the best image quality.

You can't always anticipate the benefits of new technology. Someone will find a (useful) purpose for something like this at some point.

Not surprising that some one's finally figured out that you can increase the refresh rate at the cost of resolution. As it is I recently discovered that my 1080p 60Hz screen can also be run at 1366x768 75Hz-and probably at higher refreshrates as well at even lower resolutions. Just like CRT (though without the flickering and excellent colour).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL