Sound Bar for Around $100

TacoSenpai
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
7 hours ago, LordTaco42 said:

I just got a new 4K HDR TV the Samsung MU7000 and to my knowledge it has an Optical out in the back.

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-uhd-tvs/65--class-mu7000-4k-uhd-tv-un65mu7000fxza/#specs

I was wondering if there was a passable or decent sound bar I could get for it at or around $100.  Are my sights set too low should I just wait for something much better?  I know things like Bose are incredibly expensive albeit good quality.

Any brands I should avoid?

This is one of those times you need to go to the store and listen to them. I used to work retail, electronics in fact. Samsung, LG and Vizio all sounded good. Vizio will be the cheapest out of those brands I mentioned. But based on my retail experience, Ill say you need to listen before you buy. 

I just got a new 4K HDR TV the Samsung MU7000 and to my knowledge it has an Optical out in the back.

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-uhd-tvs/65--class-mu7000-4k-uhd-tv-un65mu7000fxza/#specs

I was wondering if there was a passable or decent sound bar I could get for it at or around $100.  Are my sights set too low should I just wait for something much better?  I know things like Bose are incredibly expensive albeit good quality.

Honestly, just about any 2.1 soundbar with a subwoofer fits at least the minimum of 'Passable or Decent'.  They're kinda like desktop monitors, there are no 'bad' ones, they start at 'pretty okay' and it goes up from there.

You may want to go with Samsung for ease of remote control compatibility but that's my only real suggestion.

15 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Honestly, just about any 2.1 soundbar with a subwoofer fits at least the minimum of 'Passable or Decent'.  They're kinda like desktop monitors, there are no 'bad' ones, they start at 'pretty okay' and it goes up from there.

You may want to go with Samsung for ease of remote control compatibility but that's my only real suggestion.

Yeah thats what I've been looking at just something standard to get a little more bass outta the sound than the stock TV speakers give.

7 hours ago, LordTaco42 said:

This is one of those times you need to go to the store and listen to them. I used to work retail, electronics in fact. Samsung, LG and Vizio all sounded good. Vizio will be the cheapest out of those brands I mentioned. But based on my retail experience, Ill say you need to listen before you buy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, Donut417 said:

I actually ended up doing this at a local best buy and I gotta agree.  I was trying to decide between the Samsung, Sony, and Polk.  Ended up going with the Polk for the price to performance and its overall good usage in any situation it also has a good clean sound and came with a sub.  Thanks for the advice.