FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE ACCORDING TO NEW STUDY

TheReal1980
3 hours ago, luckydog32 said:

I think it's pretty odd that 90 hours of anything can cause a measurable change in the level of gray matter. And if it is that malleable then it should be easily reversible.

Skeptical_66cb9b_254906.jpg

please dont post selfies

On 11/08/2017 at 9:45 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

What if brain damage causes people to play first person shooters? ?

Damaged brain-ception with Pizza?

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

On 11/08/2017 at 10:45 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

What if brain damage causes people to play first person shooters? ?

What if brain damage causes people to launch large "scientific" studies of things they are biased against?

I guess this explain all the raging idiots in FPS games that insults everybody over VOIP.

Now we just need another study on this subject, but instead of FPS it's MOBA.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

TLDR; PLAY LIKE MONKEY TURN INTO MONKEY.

PLAY LIKE GENIUS TURN INTO GENIUS 

BYE

RTFA

If anyone wants to discuss it with me this is(although German) a great article why current research methods for the brain are absolute bullshit https://www.golem.de/news/cpu-koennten-hirnforscher-einen-c64-verstehen-1701-125738.html

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

3 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

If anyone wants to discuss it with me this is(although German) a great article why current research methods for the brain are absolute bullshit https://www.golem.de/news/cpu-koennten-hirnforscher-einen-c64-verstehen-1701-125738.html

I haven't read it (becasue German), but it looks to me like an IT news site.  If so they are not exactly an authority on the brain/psychology.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it might have a small effect  initially but i really doubt its an effect that increases with time, if you  play 10 000 hours for years you become a vegetable in brain, i used to be extremely stupid when i was younger and now after over a decade of gaming i feel better than ever, except low blood pressure which makes me a vegetable somedays but thats another story, i feel better mentally because i never stopped learning or doing only 1 thing or resting , its very important that in those 90hours in the study did the person did anything else? go to school/study, play other games, socialize, go out in the nature in weekends, get enough rest? if they didnt then yeah it might affect your brain over many years significantly, but thats not something that happens because of games it happens because doing any repetitive pointless activity for a long period makes you more stupid, like work for example, yes work makes you stupid, especially driver jobs, ive seen study that says driving more than 4 hours daily makes you drop in IQ and its true, you are not doing any brain stimulating activty hence the drop, plus its extremely tiring and not healthy to be a driver full time or play video games all day siting on a chair, except if you play highly engaging games like strategy + socialize a lot, or knowledge/puzzle games where you required to use your brain in new ways constantly

On 13.8.2017 at 1:21 PM, mr moose said:

I haven't read it (becasue German), but it looks to me like an IT news site.  If so they are not exactly an authority on the brain/psychology.

The are reporting on the experiment of a brain analys team who tried understanding the processor of a C64 and they miserably fail with today's methods admitting that these methods might have to be reworked entirely to get actually useful information about them human brain. There was also a similar thing done by a biologist with a radio long ago quoted in the article. His finding was that the wire connecting the antenna to the radio was very esentioab but much like that is true is also completely irrelevant to the way an actual radio works (he used biological methods of analysing live forms iirc). If you have the time to spare feel free to shoot me a DM and I will translate you the whole thing if you would like me to. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

i dont give a f to this report, but what does matter is ur eyes and bad posture, and gamers tend to not exercise, which are obvioisly more serious problems related to ur health.