supremefx vs XONAR DXG

endlessdepths

Hello I'm not really savvy with knowing which audio source is better but of course I must burden with the question. supremefx or XONAR DXG? 

I just bought the Crosshair VI HERO for Ryzen and was just generally confused. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. 

The XONAR DXG is an entry level dedicated sound card. I don't think you'll notice much beside a cleaner less interference sound. You are better off spending more and getting the something like the Xonar STX. On board sound solution in motherboard tend to be anywhere from insult to humanity to meh at best.

But that is if you want an internal solution only, if you don't mind an external solution, then for your money, you can find some external sound card (simply called external DAC, even though they are more then a DAC) that will get you better drivers, and better sound for your money, really pushing more your headphones to its maximum capabilities.

The Audio forum section has people that might help you. I have moved your thread there.

Is this a question between integrated and a soundcard? Is there anything wrong with the onboard preventing you using it?

This is just a general question. 

If I was to ask the question more clearly it would be:

is the sound on the Crosshair VI Hero better or worse than a XONAR DXG? 

but since goodbytes said it is like an entry level sound card and there really isn't any differnce. I think that answers my question. 

3 minutes ago, endlessdepths said:

This is just a general question. 

If I was to ask the question more clearly it would be:

is the sound on the Crosshair VI Hero better or worse than a XONAR DXG? 

but since goodbytes said it is like an entry level sound card and there really isn't any differnce. I think that answers my question. 

The audio on ROG mobo's are pretty good(mobo wise).I wouldn't pay 50 or the DXG and I doubt there would be much diffrence without you using perfectly tuned headphones 

My life

Wouldn't be surprised if the Crosshair has better sound than the DGX. Even though it's not the best practice to compare components alone without looking at the layout as a whole (not that we really know a whole lot about either), you're most likely looking at the same op amp as headphone output (RC4580) with cheapo Lelon caps on the DGX and Nichicon Golds on the Crosshair.