How is the mod team here?

cyberlocc

Hey guys, I was a member here for a short time, (as you can see lol). However I know need to find a new home then OCN, as there moderation team is absurd. They disagree with your comments they censor them and claim your trolling. 

I then told a user that accused me of trolling, that I was never trolling, after he told me to leave the thread (seriously?) and they said I was discussing moderation and trolling many users opinions. 

I am not going to put up with that kind of stuff. Its absurd, so looking for a new home for my forum time :). 

BTW my "troll post" that started it, "

Where is everyone getting these ideals that TR has 60% less power consumption and and runs cooler? I am on my 3rd video and have yet to see that?

I do see the OCed 16c under load consuming the most power of every chip tested, including an overclocked i9, and the 12c slightly less than the I9.

As for temps, well these people need to tell us how they are reading that, that matters, TR TJ max is still 75c (107c if using the AMD temp offset, No one does)"

So you tell me LTT is that trolling? I think not, but alas you are not allowed to have a varying opinion apparently on OCN. 

As if you tell someone they are wrong, and show facts why they were wrong, well you are trolling apparently. 

If you're not doing what they claim you are doing, why worry? If they're just trying to get you to leave then why not leave anyways? Don't go into a community actively expecting the mods there to be evil or corrupt, just act normal and see for yourself.

While there are some mods that i actually really don't like here, most of them are good are good at their jobs... Not like anybody would tell you they were bad since a bunch the OGs that had one issue or another with the mods eventually got banned. 

I am not a moderator but I can say this: mods usually remove those posts that are obviously not contributing anything to the discussion, at best they will lock the thread, preventing people from replying again.

If you tell someone they are wrong with facts, and you keep a good behavior while doing so (i.e not being too aggressive while trying to defend your arguement, calling out someone and being a "dick" just to prove your point) then you are good to go.

Ive been around for about 3 years and I have to say, the mods here are pretty great. A lot of them are incredibly active with the community and really take the time to help out where they can. @Ryan_Vickers

Follow the Forum Rules and Community Standards, and you wont have any issues at all.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Here is an example

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Here is an example

that thread got seriously derailed and wasn't about the original topic anymore. it shouldnt have even lasted as long as it did

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

11 minutes ago, Haaselh0ff said:

If you're not doing what they claim you are doing, why worry? If they're just trying to get you to leave then why not leave anyways? Don't go into a community actively expecting the mods there to be evil or corrupt, just act normal and see for yourself.

Well ya I obviously struck a nerve with the 1 mod, and the other came in to the rescue. The funny thing is before that Mod, deleted all my posts saying I was trolling 4 other mods posted in the thread, some replying to me, and out debate. That one mod got mad at me, and it was over, another mod hit me for more lies. 

So apparently, providing facts to people is trolling because they dont support your facts. Yet they bashed me and said I was trolling, insulted me, ect, ect, I got rude with no one, ignored flame posts. and Proceeded with the discussion.

However as you can see from the OP, the thread was about TR and I pointed on some flaws with it, then proceeded to defend my reasoning as it was attacked, and I got an infraction for that.  

I have ran a small forum a long long time ago. And I know how things are supposed to go, but moderators that take personal opinions into the moderation or friendships, should be fired.  

1 minute ago, cyberlocc said:

However as you can see from the OP, the thread was about TR and I pointed on some flaws with it, then proceeded to defend my reasoning as it was attacked, and I got an infraction for that.   

You can get a penalty from defending a right argument if you are being too aggressive in this forum

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

You can get a penalty from defending a right argument if you are being too aggressive in this forum

What is the definition of too aggressive? Replying when you are attacked lol? 

They good. And umm they are all gonna be over 18 from now on...

They have their moments, but if you're level headed and can explain yourself you're usually fine. They're quiet for the most part, they'll step in if and when they see fit, or if something violates the Community Standards.

They're just people after all. Can't expect the world from volunteers. It's not the FFL.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, cyberlocc said:

What is the definition of too aggressive? Replying when you are attacked lol? 

Check example above 

Ignoring my other post that 1 or 2 people might get, the moderators on here a fair. I dont dislike any of them (some members I do... but you always will) And they're helpful. Like @W-L helped me with a short project I was doing. And @Ryan_Vickers makes just decisions. Honestly those are the main 2 active mods I see lol. There are about 20 though.

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Check example above 

The name calling ECT? Thats the thing, I didn't call anyone a name, I wasn't rude, I wasn't mean in any way. However half the thread was rude to me, saying I was a troll, a Intel Fanboy, a this, a that, saying to ban me. And yet, none of them had anything happen. And their only posts that were deleted were the ones insulting me. 

It also wasnt a static fact we were arguing about the convo moved as it should, into other things, A few things I was misinformed about and conceeded too being as such. 

Yet the mod said none of them did wrong, I baited them into acting that way. I guess 1 infraction was easier than the tons of people attacking me. 

Then after the thread was cleaned, Someone stated something about Intel Pricing I linked a price guide and my opinions (That with a new waterblock for those that have an Intel one, TR is the same price as intel) That was perceived trolling, even though the person Iw as replying to was pro intel in the debate lol. 

40 minutes ago, cyberlocc said:

Hey guys, I was a member here for a short time, (as you can see lol). However I know need to find a new home then OCN, as there moderation team is absurd. They disagree with your comments they censor them and claim your trolling. 

I then told a user that accused me of trolling, that I was never trolling, after he told me to leave the thread (seriously?) and they said I was discussing moderation and trolling many users opinions. 

I am not going to put up with that kind of stuff. Its absurd, so looking for a new home for my forum time :). 

BTW my "troll post" that started it, "

Where is everyone getting these ideals that TR has 60% less power consumption and and runs cooler? I am on my 3rd video and have yet to see that?

I do see the OCed 16c under load consuming the most power of every chip tested, including an overclocked i9, and the 12c slightly less than the I9.

As for temps, well these people need to tell us how they are reading that, that matters, TR TJ max is still 75c (107c if using the AMD temp offset, No one does)"

So you tell me LTT is that trolling? I think not, but alas you are not allowed to have a varying opinion apparently on OCN. 

As if you tell someone they are wrong, and show facts why they were wrong, well you are trolling apparently. 

Well for what it's worth they've never given me any trouble but I dunno if my experience is representative.

9_9

The mods in this community are generally really good. The only thing is if they interact in a post, they aren't "moderators" in an official sense as it could go against their best interests. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

The mods here are pretty decent, there used to be a few that weren't all that great, but I never see them around anymore, so I'd assume either I'm just lucky, or they're no longer mods.

Pls don't ban me <3

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Well for what it's worth they've never given me any trouble but I dunno if my experience is representative.

9_9

Honestly that is what scares me though. I went 6 years and 5 thousand posts on OCN with a few times I slipped up and was rude, and apologized to the user and the mod, and moved on. But this? Being accused of trolling for voicing my opinion that is absurd, I am done with them. 

Voicing my opinion in a polite and professional way no less! Ahh the trolling Infraction, the one that has no reality behind it, and needs no explanation. 

1 minute ago, cyberlocc said:

Honestly that is what scares me though. I went 6 years and 5 thousand posts on OCN with a few times I slipped up and was rude, and apologized to the user and the mod, and moved on. But this? Being accused of trolling for voicing my opinion that is absurd, I am done with them. 

I don't see anything wrong with your post IMO, if that helps.

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

The mods in this community are generally really good. The only thing is if they interact in a post, they aren't "moderators" in an official sense as it could go against their best interests. 

Generally if one of us has participated in a thread, we will have someone else handle any issues that arise so we can't be blamed for being biased or a conflict of interest, etc.  That said it's our goal for us to all act the same way in any situation, so the difference is purely for appearances - if need be, I'm confident any mod could participate in a thread and moderate it in an impartial manner simultaneously.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Glenwing said:

I don't see anything wrong with your post IMO

Me neither, that is what I am saying that is what upsets me. If I was trolling, I would of said your right, I am sorry, and moved on. But I wasnt trolling, at first I made a few points about TR and then tried to defend my reasoning's after constant attacks. And then boom, I was "trolling"

I wrote The Forum Manager about the mods actions, and then another mod hit me with a 2 week ban minutes after telling the first mod that I was going to take it up with him.....

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Generally if one of us has participated in a thread, we will have someone else handle any issues that arise so we can't be blamed for being biased or a conflict of interest, etc.  That said it's our goal for us to all act the same way in any situation, so the difference is purely for appearances - if need be, I'm confident any mod could participate in a thread and moderate it in an impartial manner simultaneously.

Ya i left the context out of that. So some of the faults I seen with thread ripper that I was attacked for stating, by a whole lot of users, a mod commented and said he is right, he makes a very very good point. That was one of many times that mods in the thread took my side on issues I brought up, however all my posts were trolling lol. 

I dont think it had anything to do with any of that. I was attacked by long time members with more posts then me, they broke the TOS multiple times attacking me. So I think the mod wanted to protect his friends, so he decided to go after me, to protect them. As he then made a comment on the thread, "If you believe a user is trolling just report them" 

In doing so, and by deleting only my threads, and the posts calling me a troll, they told the entire thread I received an infraction for trolling, therefor breaking there own, TOS!

31 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Ignoring my other post that 1 or 2 people might get, the moderators on here a fair. I dont dislike any of them (some members I do... but you always will) And they're helpful. Like @W-L helped me with a short project I was doing. And @Ryan_Vickers makes just decisions. Honestly those are the main 2 active mods I see lol. There are about 20 though.

25-30 by the looks of  my 'one day i was bored and started to click on everyone's follows thing' and my memory

i see like, 4 different mods a month, but i do remember at least 8, well i think i do

windspeed, ryan, random, w-l, energycore, ghost, that person with the profile picture of a guy wearing headphones, gg23, that person with a profile picture of a stock 'customer support representative', and that guy that @GreezyJeezy hates 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I DO WHAT I WANT

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089