deliding is only bad because it's risky otherwise good?

So if I have understood this correctly then deliding is only bad because you take risks of destroying your cpu otherwise there is nothing bad about it ? 

For the most part yes, and voids your warrenty. newer Intel only, iirc, as amd still solders theirs

Are you delidding it and leaving the die off, or are you delidding it and replacing the stock thermal compound underneath?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Are you delidding it and leaving the die off, or are you delidding it and replacing the stock thermal compound underneath?

Like he does.

That is pretty much it but another con is that certain thermal paste will dry out rather quickly meaning you will have to reapply it every so often unless you go with  Liquid Ultra.

3 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

That is pretty much it but another con is that certain thermal paste will dry out rather quickly meaning you will have to reapply it every so often unless you go with  Liquid Ultra.

liquid ultra? 

5 minutes ago, zindan said:

So if I have understood this correctly then deliding is only bad because you take risks of destroying your cpu otherwise there is nothing bad about it ? 

Yep, do it properly and you should get a 10-25C temperature drop using liquid metal. It's only worth it if you are going for high overclocks though, as who cares what temperature your CPU is at so long as it's under 100C. Obviously you void your warranty too.

7 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Yep, do it properly and you should get a 10-25C temperature drop using liquid metal. It's only worth it if you are going for high overclocks though, as who cares what temperature your CPU is at so long as it's under 100C. Obviously you void your warranty too.

Lower temperatures increase chip longevity.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Lower temperatures increase chip longevity.

Sure but that's the next owners problem, not mine.